Fonts in Pharo By Example

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
It would be great to have a section in PBE2 about fonts. I find them very confusing - TrueType, FreeType, Logical, etc. Understanding how they're handled in Pharo requires background knowledge, and an overview and a few specific examples could really do some good.

Cheers,
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Fonts in Pharo By Example

Stéphane Ducasse

On Jan 21, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> It would be great to have a section in PBE2 about fonts. I find them very
> confusing - TrueType, FreeType, Logical, etc. Understanding how they're
> handled in Pharo requires background knowledge, and an overview and a few
> specific examples could really do some good.

If somebody explain it It would be great.
I always wanted to read something on fonts but unfortunately I feel a bit alone on the writing side
This is why I love the attitude of sven to produce doc.

> Sean

Re: Fonts in Pharo By Example

Gary Chambers-4
Have got used to using FreeType so always look up fonts via LogicalFont
class methods these days...

headingFont
 "Answer the font for headings."

 ^LogicalFont
  familyName: 'Arial' pointSize: 20

Regards, Gary

On Jan 21, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> It would be great to have a section in PBE2 about fonts. I find them very
> confusing - TrueType, FreeType, Logical, etc. Understanding how they're
> handled in Pharo requires background knowledge, and an overview and a few
> specific examples could really do some good.

If somebody explain it It would be great.
I always wanted to read something on fonts but unfortunately I feel a bit
alone on the writing side
This is why I love the attitude of sven to produce doc.

> Sean

Re: Fonts in Pharo By Example

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Gary Chambers-4 wrote
always look up fonts via LogicalFont class methods these days...
Thanks, Gary! That actually solved an immediate problem I was dealing with :) And I'm hoping a font guru will take a deeper cut for us ignorant masses ;)
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Fonts in Pharo By Example

Gary Chambers-4