Fonts

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

With igor we added a registration mechanism for Freetype fonts for 13149.

We fixed the one of Moose and we should publish the moose packages (but if we publish it in Moose it will break moose).

Now Roassal should not cache the fonts in ROPlatform current because this means that you always get bitmap
if you get bitmap the first time.

So let us know how we proceed?

Re: Fonts

abergel
Excellent! I will try

ROPlatform belongs to Roassal1, and Roassal1 is deprecated. Roassal2 will not suffer from this.

Alexandre

On Apr 8, 2014, at 12:35 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> With igor we added a registration mechanism for Freetype fonts for 13149.
>
> We fixed the one of Moose and we should publish the moose packages (but if we publish it in Moose it will break moose).
>
> Now Roassal should not cache the fonts in ROPlatform current because this means that you always get bitmap
> if you get bitmap the first time.
>
> So let us know how we proceed?
>
> Stef

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Fonts

Tudor Girba-2

Thanks!

Roassal1 should not be much of a problem in the Moose image given that we install the fonts by default before using Roassal.

For Moose, it would be great to have the code committed, but you are right that if it breaks it would be better to wait until the fix is integrated in Pharo. I will not have much time until next week to look at this.

Cheers,
Doru

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys

With igor we added a registration mechanism for Freetype fonts for 13149.

We fixed the one of Moose and we should publish the moose packages (but if we publish it in Moose it will break moose).

Now Roassal should not cache the fonts in ROPlatform current because this means that you always get bitmap
if you get bitmap the first time.

So let us know how we proceed?

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Fonts

ok
but we should fix that because so far we get red cross at client site and this is why I want to fix all the problems.

On 08 Apr 2014, at 17:41, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Excellent! I will try
>
> ROPlatform belongs to Roassal1, and Roassal1 is deprecated. Roassal2 will not suffer from this.
>
> Alexandre
>

> On Apr 8, 2014, at 12:35 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> With igor we added a registration mechanism for Freetype fonts for 13149.
>>
>> We fixed the one of Moose and we should publish the moose packages (but if we publish it in Moose it will break moose).
>>
>> Now Roassal should not cache the fonts in ROPlatform current because this means that you always get bitmap
>> if you get bitmap the first time.
>>
>> So let us know how we proceed?
>>
>> Stef

Re: Fonts

On 08 Apr 2014, at 21:15, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

Roassal1 should not be much of a problem in the Moose image given that we install the fonts by default before using Roassal.

No
Because if you disable and reenable freeType you lose the font you manually loaded and then if you open roassal then you are
skwred.

For Moose, it would be great to have the code committed, but you are right that if it breaks it would be better to wait until the fix is integrated in Pharo.
I hope to push it tomorrow.
I will not have much time until next week to look at this.

Ok the problem is that we have to commit in your repo with the freeType package and we do not have access.