[For Testing] RC3 One-Click

Marcus Denker-4

Here is a one-click image (for easy starting for newbies).

I only tested this under macos, so it needs a testrun on Linux and Windows

 https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/26774/Pharo-1.0-10515-rc3dev.zip

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [For Testing] RC3 One-Click

Fabrizio Perin-3
Hi,
i just run the tests under windows XP and are green

9108 run, 9088 passes, 20 expected failures, 0 failures, 0 errors, 0 unexpected passes

on this VM PharoVM-Win32-4.0.1

is that what you need?

Cheers,

Farbizio

2010/4/2 Marcus Denker <[hidden email]>

Here is a one-click image (for easy starting for newbies).

I only tested this under macos, so it needs a testrun on Linux and Windows

 https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/26774/Pharo-1.0-10515-rc3dev.zip

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [For Testing] RC3 One-Click

Chris Kassopulo-2
On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 09:04:58 -0400, Marcus Denker
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here is a one-click image (for easy starting for newbies).
>
> I only tested this under macos, so it needs a testrun on Linux and
> Windows
>
>  https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/26774/Pharo-1.0-10515-rc3dev.zip

Ubuntu 9.04

9177 run, 9155 passes, 20 expected failures, 2 failures, 0 errors, 0
unexpected passes

Re: [For Testing] RC3 One-Click

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Marcus. I have been testing a little the one click image and I found the following things:

- splash.bmp  says release candidate 2. It should be release stable 1.0 or RC3.

- There is the __MACOSX folder...should be remove. Remember yemuzip ;)

- In Linux VM, you pass the parameter -encoding latin1  to the VM.
Shouldn't this be UTF-8 ? I don't know.

- In /Contents/Resources   not only is PharoV10.sources  but also SqueakV39.sources. Shouldn't SqueakV39.sources be deleted ?   even more it size 16MB!!

- The name of the zip of the 1.0 maybe should have a name different than:Pharo-1.0-10515-rc3dev.zip, for example Pharo-1.0-OneClick.
Notice the OneClick as part of the name

- In linux there are 2 failing test:
TestIdenting >> testNewLineLeaveSpacesOnOldLine
TestIdenting >> testCR2
They are not new. I even try to ask help and Laurent too some time ago. I would like someone to analyze them. If it is a problem of the test, I would remove them. If there is nothing wrong with the test, I would try to analyze how to fix it.

- There is a problem in the tests of  RBInternalSpellChecker  in Linux and Windows, when you are not connected to internet. There are 13 errors tests. The SpellChecker uses the MacOS library, but for Linux and Windows it uses its own. But...it needs to download the file. Thus, it fails if you are off-line. The place is in
 RBInternalSpellChecker >> downloadData
And of course,  self url  is 'http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/rb-spelling.dat'.
As now with Metacello configurations, it is easy to select if you want to download the tests or not, I would put that file somehow in the image (part of the test package). The file is 2.1 MB on disk.
But maybe there is a reason not to do this. Lukas ?

Cheers

Mariano

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 11:53 PM, Chris Kassopulo <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 09:04:58 -0400, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

Here is a one-click image (for easy starting for newbies).

I only tested this under macos, so it needs a testrun on Linux and Windows

 https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/26774/Pharo-1.0-10515-rc3dev.zip

Ubuntu 9.04

9177 run, 9155 passes, 20 expected failures, 2 failures, 0 errors, 0 unexpected passes

Re: [For Testing] RC3 One-Click

Lukas Renggli
> - There is a problem in the tests of  RBInternalSpellChecker  in Linux and
> Windows, when you are not connected to internet. There are 13 errors tests.
> The SpellChecker uses the MacOS library, but for Linux and Windows it uses
> its own. But...it needs to download the file. Thus, it fails if you are
> off-line. The place is in
>  RBInternalSpellChecker >> downloadData
> And of course,  self url  is
> 'http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/rb-spelling.dat'.
> As now with Metacello configurations, it is easy to select if you want to
> download the tests or not, I would put that file somehow in the image (part
> of the test package). The file is 2.1 MB on disk.
> But maybe there is a reason not to do this. Lukas ?

The file contains a spelling-dictionary for platforms without a spell
checker primitive (Windows, Linux). If the file is in there, the spell
check does not try to download it. So maybe it would make sense for
the Metacello configuration to evaluate "RBInternalSpellChecker new"
to force the download of the dictionary and cache it next to the
image?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [For Testing] RC3 One-Click

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> - There is a problem in the tests of  RBInternalSpellChecker  in Linux and
> Windows, when you are not connected to internet. There are 13 errors tests.
> The SpellChecker uses the MacOS library, but for Linux and Windows it uses
> its own. But...it needs to download the file. Thus, it fails if you are
> off-line. The place is in
>  RBInternalSpellChecker >> downloadData
> And of course,  self url  is
> 'http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/rb-spelling.dat'.
> As now with Metacello configurations, it is easy to select if you want to
> download the tests or not, I would put that file somehow in the image (part
> of the test package). The file is 2.1 MB on disk.
> But maybe there is a reason not to do this. Lukas ?

The file contains a spelling-dictionary for platforms without a spell
checker primitive (Windows, Linux). If the file is in there, the spell
check does not try to download it. So maybe it would make sense for
the Metacello configuration to evaluate "RBInternalSpellChecker new"
to force the download of the dictionary and cache it next to the
image?

Yes, that sounds ok. And then, I deliver the PharoDev image with that file, isn't it ?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [For Testing] RC3 One-Click

Lukas Renggli
>> > - There is a problem in the tests of  RBInternalSpellChecker  in Linux
>> > and
>> > Windows, when you are not connected to internet. There are 13 errors
>> > tests.
>> > The SpellChecker uses the MacOS library, but for Linux and Windows it
>> > uses
>> > its own. But...it needs to download the file. Thus, it fails if you are
>> > off-line. The place is in
>> >  RBInternalSpellChecker >> downloadData
>> > And of course,  self url  is
>> > 'http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/rb-spelling.dat'.
>> > As now with Metacello configurations, it is easy to select if you want
>> > download the tests or not, I would put that file somehow in the image
>> > (part
>> > of the test package). The file is 2.1 MB on disk.
>> > But maybe there is a reason not to do this. Lukas ?
>>
>> The file contains a spelling-dictionary for platforms without a spell
>> checker primitive (Windows, Linux). If the file is in there, the spell
>> check does not try to download it. So maybe it would make sense for
>> the Metacello configuration to evaluate "RBInternalSpellChecker new"
>> to force the download of the dictionary and cache it next to the
>> image?
>
> Yes, that sounds ok. And then, I deliver the PharoDev image with that file,
> isn't it ?

Yes, you can, if you want to make it independent of the internet.

The problem is that the wordlist cannot be reasonably integrated with
the source code. It grows the image and the package code unreasonably.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [For Testing] RC3 One-Click

laurent laffont

- In linux there are 2 failing test:
TestIdenting >> testNewLineLeaveSpacesOnOldLine
TestIdenting >> testCR2
They are not new. I even try to ask help and Laurent too some time ago. I would like someone to analyze them. If it is a problem of the test, I would remove them. If there is nothing wrong with the test, I would try to analyze how to fix it.

These fails comes from the /FreeTypeBitBltSimulation patch (http://lolgzs.free.fr/pharo/FreeTypeBitBltSimulation.1.cs) included in Exupery VM from pharo web site. That's why I've not included it in the VM source I've done.

Laurent Laffont

Re: [For Testing] RC3 One-Click

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > - There is a problem in the tests of  RBInternalSpellChecker  in Linux
>> > and
>> > Windows, when you are not connected to internet. There are 13 errors
>> > tests.
>> > The SpellChecker uses the MacOS library, but for Linux and Windows it
>> > uses
>> > its own. But...it needs to download the file. Thus, it fails if you are
>> > off-line. The place is in
>> >  RBInternalSpellChecker >> downloadData
>> > And of course,  self url  is
>> > 'http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/rb-spelling.dat'.
>> > As now with Metacello configurations, it is easy to select if you want
>> > download the tests or not, I would put that file somehow in the image
>> > (part
>> > of the test package). The file is 2.1 MB on disk.
>> > But maybe there is a reason not to do this. Lukas ?
>>
>> The file contains a spelling-dictionary for platforms without a spell
>> checker primitive (Windows, Linux). If the file is in there, the spell
>> check does not try to download it. So maybe it would make sense for
>> the Metacello configuration to evaluate "RBInternalSpellChecker new"
>> to force the download of the dictionary and cache it next to the
>> image?
>
> Yes, that sounds ok. And then, I deliver the PharoDev image with that file,
> isn't it ?

Yes, you can, if you want to make it independent of the internet.

Ok...done in ConfigurationOfRefactoringBrowser-MarianoMartinezPeck.22

 (ConfigurationOfRefactoringBrowser project version: '1.3-baseline') load

The problem is that the wordlist cannot be reasonably integrated with
the source code. It grows the image and the package code unreasonably.

yes, understandable.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [For Testing] RC3 One-Click

Marcus Denker-4

On Apr 3, 2010, at 1:10 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi Marcus. I have been testing a little the one click image and I found the following things:
>
> - splash.bmp  says release candidate 2. It should be release stable 1.0 or RC3.

This comes from the vm package. I personally honestly don't understand spash-screens. Is windows so
slow in loading an image file?

> - There is the __MACOSX folder...should be remove. Remember yemuzip ;)

Ok, I will use that.

> - In Linux VM, you pass the parameter -encoding latin1  to the VM.
> Shouldn't this be UTF-8 ? I don't know.

Me neither.

> - In /Contents/Resources   not only is PharoV10.sources  but also SqueakV39.sources. Shouldn't SqueakV39.sources be deleted ?   even more it size 16MB!!

deleted.

> - The name of the zip of the 1.0 maybe should have a name different than:Pharo-1.0-10515-rc3dev.zip, for example Pharo-1.0-OneClick.
> Notice the OneClick as part of the name

fixed.

> - In linux there are 2 failing test:
> TestIdenting >> testNewLineLeaveSpacesOnOldLine
> TestIdenting >> testCR2
> They are not new. I even try to ask help and Laurent too some time ago. I would like someone to analyze them. If it is a problem of the test, I would remove them. If there is nothing wrong with the test, I would try to analyze how to fix it.

If anyone has a vm that I should put that is good, I put it. Else I let it like this.
I got completely lost with which linux vm to use...

        Marcus