Format shortcut.

CyrilFerlicot
Hi,

for now we have 2 different shortcuts in hard code on Pharo to format
methods: alt + shift + u and ctrl + shift + f.
I opened an issue to correct that :
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/15584/TClassDescription-sourceCodeRefactoringMenu-and-NautilusRefactoring-buildSourceCodeShortcutsOn-need-review

I propose to keep ctrl + shift + f (like in Eclipse).

--
Cheers
Cyril Ferlicot

Re: Format shortcut.

Damien Cassou-2

Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> writes:

> I propose to keep ctrl + shift + f (like in Eclipse).

makes sense

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

Re: Format shortcut.

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
jecisc wrote
I propose to keep ctrl + shift + f (like in Eclipse).
That is already in use to paste #ifFalse: which I used all the time before someone broke it ;) So if we already have an alternate shortcut for formatting, I'd prefer that we keep it and fix #ifFalse: pasting to work again
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Format shortcut.

Nicolai Hess

jecisc wrote
> I propose to keep ctrl + shift + f (like in Eclipse).

That is already in use to paste #ifFalse: which I used all the time before
someone broke it ;)

I think this has something to do with SmalltalkEditors shortcut handling vs. keymapping framework.

What is working for mre (on windows)
alt+f,ctrl+f
-> paste ifFalse
ctrl+f
-> open search diaolog (sometimes you need do it two times)
ctrl+shift+f
-> format source

So if we already have an alternate shortcut for
formatting, I'd prefer that we keep it and fix #ifFalse: pasting to work
again

-----
Cheers,
Sean