Formatting Dates

sergio_101
I have been using this to format dates:

printFormat: #(3 2 1 $/ 1 1 2)

which goes like:

printFormat: formatArray
"Answer a String describing the receiver using the argument formatArray."

^ String
new: 16
streamContents: [ :aStream | self printOn: aStream format: formatArray ]

But i am unclear on how to assemble this formatArray to get a date like:

mm/dd/yyyy

any ideas?

Thanks!

----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

Re: Formatting Dates

Eduardo de Oliveira Padoan
Seems like the method it ends up using, Date>>printDate:format:on:, currently ignores the formatArray given and just prints using YYYY-MM-DD.

But there's a ExrendedDatePrinter class that implements the same method and does what you expect.

I found it using ctrl-m when selecting the expression and looking at the implementations, but I haven't used it to be sure.

--
 Eduardo de Oliveira Padoan ⋮)