Forms w/o action?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
I'd just noticed XHTML validator complaining about <form> not specifying its
'action', is there an easy way to comply with the spec w/o breaking any of
the functionality?

Thanks!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Forms w/o action?

Rick Flower
Boris Popov wrote:
> I'd just noticed XHTML validator complaining about <form> not specifying its
> 'action', is there an easy way to comply with the spec w/o breaking any of
> the functionality?

Boris --

I've also seen this (and I think I mentioned it here before a while
back) but am not completely sure
how to solve the problem.. I did manually modify my source code that I
was feeding into the validator
to add the string :  action=""

That made the validator happy, but I'm not sure if it will impact the
way Seaside behaves.  Anyone know the
answer?

BTW -- the current output from a typical generated form looks something
like :

<form method="post">
</form>

What the validator wants to see is something closer to this (for XHTML
1.0 Transitional anyway) :

<form method="post" action="">
</form>

-- Rick