Fraction>>adaptToScaledDecimal:andSend:

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi nicolas

I saw that you are working on squeak on Fraction and ScaledDecimal.
How is it related to the change we discussed a while ago about Float?
How squeak deals with the fact that scaledDecimal was not MIT (if I remember correctly)?
I would like to avoid to diverge too quickly on numbers :)

Re: Fraction>>adaptToScaledDecimal:andSend:

Nicolas Cellier
2010/2/13 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
> Hi nicolas
>
> I saw that you are working on squeak on Fraction and ScaledDecimal.
> How is it related to the change we discussed a while ago about Float?
> How squeak deals with the fact that scaledDecimal was not MIT (if I remember correctly)?
> I would like to avoid to diverge too quickly on numbers :)
>
> Stef

Just putting Squeak to the level of Pharo :),
I probably took the coercion test from Pharo,can't remember.
Concerning license stuff, I'll wait announcement of 4.0, no hurry.
But sure, there is no reason to diverge on core.

Nicolas

Re: Fraction>>adaptToScaledDecimal:andSend:

Stéphane Ducasse
OK
I remember that scaleddecimal was a problem and we decided to discard.

Stef