Francisco's work on Concrete Type Inference for Squeak

Francisco's work on Concrete Type Inference for Squeak

Jan Vrany
Hi,

does anybody happen to have a copy of English translation
of Francisco Garau's thesis on Concrete Type Inference for Squeak
and is wiling to share this pearl with me?

If so, please write me back, I would really appreciate that!

Best, Jan

Re: Francisco's work on Concrete Type Inference for Squeak

Jan Vrany
OK,

I've got stuff from Francisco. Thanks!

Jan

On 10/04/14 20:37, Jan Vrany wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does anybody happen to have a copy of English translation
> of Francisco Garau's thesis on Concrete Type Inference for Squeak
> and is wiling to share this pearl with me?
>
> If so, please write me back, I would really appreciate that!
>
> Best, Jan

Re: Francisco's work on Concrete Type Inference for Squeak

Eric Tanter
BTW, if you are interested in typing for Smalltalk, you may want to look at Gradualtalk, a gradually-typed Pharo:

http://pleiad.cl/research/software/gradualtalk

Let us know if you have questions,

Best,

-- Éric

On Apr 11, 2014, at 3:54 AM, Jan Vrany <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK,
>
> I've got stuff from Francisco. Thanks!
>
> Jan
>

> On 10/04/14 20:37, Jan Vrany wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> does anybody happen to have a copy of English translation
>> of Francisco Garau's thesis on Concrete Type Inference for Squeak
>> and is wiling to share this pearl with me?
>>
>> If so, please write me back, I would really appreciate that!
>>
>> Best, Jan

Re: Francisco's work on Concrete Type Inference for Squeak

Clément Béra
Hello,

How are the project typing Pharo ? Do you have a good type-inference algorithm ? I would be interested in this kind of algorithm.

BTW, if you are interested in typing for Smalltalk, you may want to look at Gradualtalk, a gradually-typed Pharo:

http://pleiad.cl/research/software/gradualtalk

Let us know if you have questions,

Best,

-- Éric

On Apr 11, 2014, at 3:54 AM, Jan Vrany <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK,
>
> I've got stuff from Francisco. Thanks!
>
> Jan
>

> On 10/04/14 20:37, Jan Vrany wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> does anybody happen to have a copy of English translation
>> of Francisco Garau's thesis on Concrete Type Inference for Squeak
>> and is wiling to share this pearl with me?
>>
>> If so, please write me back, I would really appreciate that!
>>
>> Best, Jan

Re: Francisco's work on Concrete Type Inference for Squeak

Alexandre Bergel-5
I think GradualTalk is made for cohabiting typed and untyped code. I do not know if there is a type inferencer however.

Cheers,
Alexandre

On Apr 11, 2014, at 12:11 PM, Clément Bera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How are the project typing Pharo ? Do you have a good type-inference algorithm ? I would be interested in this kind of algorithm.

> BTW, if you are interested in typing for Smalltalk, you may want to look at Gradualtalk, a gradually-typed Pharo:
>
> http://pleiad.cl/research/software/gradualtalk
>
> Let us know if you have questions,
>
> Best,
>
> -- Éric
>

> On Apr 11, 2014, at 3:54 AM, Jan Vrany <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > OK,
> >
> > I've got stuff from Francisco. Thanks!
> >
> > Jan
> >

> > On 10/04/14 20:37, Jan Vrany wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> does anybody happen to have a copy of English translation
> >> of Francisco Garau's thesis on Concrete Type Inference for Squeak
> >> and is wiling to share this pearl with me?
> >>
> >> If so, please write me back, I would really appreciate that!
> >>
> >> Best, Jan

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Francisco's work on Concrete Type Inference for Squeak

jfabry
Hi guys,

Gradualtalk is gradually typed Smalltalk: a gradually typed language basically means you type whatever you want, and typed and untyped code live together in peace, love, and harmony ;-)

I confirm that Gradualtalk does NOT have any type inferencing. We looked into it some time ago, but needed to take another route. It would be very useful and cool to have a type inferencer, but we don’t have the manpower to work on that, sadly.

On Apr 11, 2014, at 5:13 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think GradualTalk is made for cohabiting typed and untyped code. I do not know if there is a type inferencer however.
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>

> On Apr 11, 2014, at 12:11 PM, Clément Bera <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> How are the project typing Pharo ? Do you have a good type-inference algorithm ? I would be interested in this kind of algorithm.

>> BTW, if you are interested in typing for Smalltalk, you may want to look at Gradualtalk, a gradually-typed Pharo:
>>
>> http://pleiad.cl/research/software/gradualtalk
>>
>> Let us know if you have questions,
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> -- Éric
>>

>> On Apr 11, 2014, at 3:54 AM, Jan Vrany <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> OK,
>>>
>>> I've got stuff from Francisco. Thanks!
>>>
>>> Jan

---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: Francisco's work on Concrete Type Inference for Squeak

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi jan

Nicolas Passerini and Pablo Tesone are working on a type inferencer.
Woudl be nice to join effort.

Contact them .