Free ListEditPresenter code (if you can make it work)

Free ListEditPresenter code (if you can make it work)

Christopher J. Demers
I have been working on a ListEditPresenter for Dolphin for a while now.  I
have tried a few approaches but I think I finally found one that seems like
a clean solution.  It has two columns, one is editable, one is not.  It uses
StaticText's and TextEdit's.

I made a ListEditPresenter class and a corresponding view.  The presenter
works fine when I show it on its own.  However when I try to use it inside
another view, as I intend to in my application, it does not seem to display
properly.  I have tried different clip children settings, but that does not
make a difference.

I have decided to make the code freely available, if nothing else it could
serve as a starting point for further experimentation.  I think it looks
like a good approach.  I just need to understand what the problem is.  This
is very rough experimental code.  I want to make sure this approach can work
before I polish it up.

Please give me some feedback if you take a look at it.  Hopefully the
problem is something simple I have overlooked.

I have a web page with a more detailed description, a screen capture, and
the code here:
http://www.mitchellscientific.com/smalltalk/

Chris

Re: Free ListEditPresenter code (if you can make it work)

Christopher J. Demers
Christopher J. Demers <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:99ec01$u63j$[hidden email]...
> I made a ListEditPresenter class and a corresponding view.  The presenter
> works fine when I show it on its own.  However when I try to use it inside
> another view, as I intend to in my application, it does not seem to
display
> properly.  I have tried different clip children settings, but that does
not
> make a difference.

I fixed the problem.  It was really very simple, but took some looking to
find it.  The onViewOpened message was being sent twice.  Now it works.  I
do not have the working code on the site yet.  I want to make a few
improvements to it before I update it.

Chris