FreeBSD 4.4.7-2357 plugin paths

1 message Options

FreeBSD 4.4.7-2357 plugin paths

Gary Dunn-2

Back trying to build a VM before I try changing it. When my last
attempt failed I thought it was because my FreeBSD was old. Now
working on a fresh 8.2 install.

Still got the gcc flags error -mno-fused-madd, so I fixed the
unix/plugins/FloatMathPlugin/config.cmake and make ran to completion.
After doing make install I still get that error message, even without
specifying an image:

$ squeak
/usr/local/lib/squeak/4.4.7-2357/so.vm-display-X11: Undefined symbol "error"
could not find display driver vm-display-X11; either:
  - check that /usr/local/lib/squeak/4.4.7-2357/vm-display-X11.so exists, or
  - use the '-plugins <path>' option to tell me where it is, or
  - remove DISPLAY from your environment.
Abort trap (core dumped)
The error message asks me to check that .../vm-display-X11.so exists.
It does not. I have ...//so.vm-display-X11. The so is at the opposite
end of the file name. Is this having any effect, or is the error
message in error?

Previously I was told how to work around this, and I will try that
again. And I THINK the reason the result hung was due to my incorrect
installation. Stay tuned.
--
Gary Dunn
Honolulu