FreeTypeFont profiling methods brokem

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi all

profileUnhintedWidthOfStringMulti and friends do not work any because
t := TextStyle named: 'Arial'.
f := t fontOfPointSize: 12.

t is nil

Re: FreeTypeFont profiling methods brokem

Andrew Tween
Hi Stef,
I'll fix these methods.

(they need to use LogicalFonts
    e.g.  f := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans' pointSize: 12.
)

Cheers,
Andy

"Stéphane Ducasse" <[hidden email]> wrote in
message news:[hidden email]...
> Hi all
>
> profileUnhintedWidthOfStringMulti and friends do not work any because
> t := TextStyle named: 'Arial'.
> f := t fontOfPointSize: 12.
>
> t is nil
>
> Stef

Re: FreeTypeFont profiling methods brokem

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks
I'm totally ignorant so I'm really happy to have you telling me.
I can fix that if you want.

Stef

On Jul 20, 2009, at 4:04 PM, Andrew Tween wrote:

> Hi Stef,
> I'll fix these methods.
>
> (they need to use LogicalFonts
>    e.g.  f := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans' pointSize: 12.
> )
>
> Cheers,
> Andy
>

> "Stéphane Ducasse" <[hidden email]> wrote in
> message news:[hidden email]...
>> Hi all
>>
>> profileUnhintedWidthOfStringMulti and friends do not work any because
>> t := TextStyle named: 'Arial'.
>> f := t fontOfPointSize: 12.
>>
>> t is nil
>>
>> Stef

FreeType fonts

Benoit St-Jean
Hello everyone,

I had a nice Pharo image with FreeType fonts (the default ones) not a long time ago.  Then, oups!  I am back to the old Squeak fonts.

I haven't changed the UI theme nor the system fonts...  It all happened after an update. How do you re-initialize those default fonts ?

Thank you

-----------------
Benoit St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
Blog: lamneth.wordpress.com
A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.
(Albert Einstein)

Re: FreeType fonts

Damien Cassou
2009/7/20 Benoit St-Jean <[hidden email]>:
> I had a nice Pharo image with FreeType fonts (the default ones) not a long
> time ago.  Then, oups!  I am back to the old Squeak fonts.
>
> I haven't changed the UI theme nor the system fonts...  It all happened
> after an update. How do you re-initialize those default fonts ?

the best things for users is to download a new image instead of updating.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry