Frequent releases

Herby Vojčík
Hello,

I am bringing this topic again.

I see npm as good distribution as well as PR channel - it's really easy
to use (npm install amber --save) and amber footprint stays in
package.json's in amber-using projects.

But in the actual state of release cycles, this is unusable - if one
wants to have amber with current bug fixes, it have to take it off from
git master.

Contrast it with node which releases often, maybe once in a week or two.
Users need to do little to actually use the fixed version, they just
have to wait a few days (or not wait at all, since the bug weas caught
and fixed in the meantime) and do npm update then. No need to clone,
understand the structure and deployment.

Why couldn't this be the same for amber?

Herby

Re: Frequent releases

Nicolas Petton
I agree with you. We could have a better release schedule.
We should try to release at least every month.

Nico

On Jul 4, 2013, at 12:34 PM, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am bringing this topic again.
>
> I see npm as good distribution as well as PR channel - it's really easy to use (npm install amber --save) and amber footprint stays in package.json's in amber-using projects.
>
> But in the actual state of release cycles, this is unusable - if one wants to have amber with current bug fixes, it have to take it off from git master.
>
> Contrast it with node which releases often, maybe once in a week or two. Users need to do little to actually use the fixed version, they just have to wait a few days (or not wait at all, since the bug weas caught and fixed in the meantime) and do npm update then. No need to clone, understand the structure and deployment.
>
> Why couldn't this be the same for amber?
>
> Herby

Nicolas Petton
http://www.nicolas-petton.fr