Friday the 17th: first collabor'active Moose Dojo?

Friday the 17th: first collabor'active Moose Dojo?

Simon Denier-3

Famoosr happens on Friday the 17th, same time as Esug. In particular, a "bazaar session" (I like the name, thanks Mircea :)) is planned at the end of the workshop, which means pair programming and hacking tools.

Now, I would not be there because I will be at Esug, but one thing has been on my mind lately: why not try some kind of distributed hacking session between Esug and Famoosr? Not for everybody, just a small experiment with one pair on both sites. I think that Lukas did such a thing in the past to help some clients with Seaside.

What do you say?

--
 Simon

Re: Friday the 17th: first collabor'active Moose Dojo?

Tudor Girba
Sounds cool. Do you try to put it in place?

Cheers,
Doru

On 2 Sep 2010, at 12:17, Simon Denier wrote:

> Famoosr happens on Friday the 17th, same time as Esug. In
> particular, a "bazaar session" (I like the name, thanks Mircea :))
> is planned at the end of the workshop, which means pair programming
> and hacking tools.
>
> Now, I would not be there because I will be at Esug, but one thing
> has been on my mind lately: why not try some kind of distributed
> hacking session between Esug and Famoosr? Not for everybody, just a
> small experiment with one pair on both sites. I think that Lukas did
> such a thing in the past to help some clients with Seaside.
>
> What do you say?
>
> --
> Simon

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow."

On 2 sept. 2010, at 12:53, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Sounds cool. Do you try to put it in place?

I will check what's to be done.

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 2 Sep 2010, at 12:17, Simon Denier wrote:
>

>> Famoosr happens on Friday the 17th, same time as Esug. In particular, a "bazaar session" (I like the name, thanks Mircea :)) is planned at the end of the workshop, which means pair programming and hacking tools.
>>
>> Now, I would not be there because I will be at Esug, but one thing has been on my mind lately: why not try some kind of distributed hacking session between Esug and Famoosr? Not for everybody, just a small experiment with one pair on both sites. I think that Lukas did such a thing in the past to help some clients with Seaside.
>>
>> What do you say?
>>
>> --
>> Simon

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow."

 Simon

Re: Friday the 17th: first collabor'active Moose Dojo?

Alexandre Bergel
I personally will be in Chile on Friday 17th

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Friday the 17th: first collabor'active Moose Dojo?

Simon Denier-3

Lukas kindly pointed me to this blog post
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/pairprogramming

However, he also mentionned that perhaps we would do better just trying Screen Sharing, Skype or iChat.
Skype can share screen but does not allow one to interact (but this might be good enough).
'Share my screen' does not work in iChat.
Screen sharing does work and is 100% interactive.

So we will try one of these next week

--
 Simon

Re: Friday the 17th: first collabor'active Moose Dojo?

Mircea Filip Lungu-2
That is a nice idea Simon :)

We should test the screen sharing one of the days previous
to the workshop to make sure it works.

Cheers,
M.

--