From July/August 2010 (Thread: WAListener error)

Robert Sirois
Connection Closed
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2010-August/024262.html

WAListener Error
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2010-July/023793.html

I still have this problem with WAListenerAdaptor. Anyone else? And if so, Nick Ager proposed this workaround

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2010-August/024266.html

Is that valid?

RS

Re: From July/August 2010 (Thread: WAListener error)

Philippe Marschall
2011/6/14 Robert Sirois <[hidden email]>:
> Connection Closed
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2010-August/024262.html
> WAListener Error
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2010-July/023793.html
> I still have this problem with WAListenerAdaptor. Anyone else? And if so,
> Nick Ager proposed this workaround
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2010-August/024266.html
> Is that valid?

The bug or the fix? The bug, probably yes, various network
intermediaries may close an HTTP request they don't like for whatever
reason (eg. they believe it's hanging). Or the TCP connection may fail
"in the middle" for what ever reason else (the device ran out of
power, crashed, …).

The fix, it would probably be better to handle ConnectionClosed and
various other errors the same way Kom does it.

Cheers
Philippe

RE: From July/August 2010 (Thread: WAListener error)

Robert Sirois
Ah oki, thanks. I'll mess with it when I get home.. probably have another question or two.

RS

> Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 18:10:45 +0200
> Subject: Re: [Seaside] From July/August 2010 (Thread: WAListener error)
> From: philippe.marschall@gmail.com
> To: seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
>
> 2011/6/14 Robert Sirois <watchlala@hotmail.com>:
> > Connection Closed
> > http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2010-August/024262.html
> > WAListener Error
> > http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2010-July/023793.html
> > I still have this problem with WAListenerAdaptor. Anyone else? And if so,
> > Nick Ager proposed this workaround
> > http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2010-August/024266.html
> > Is that valid?
>
> The bug or the fix? The bug, probably yes, various network
> intermediaries may close an HTTP request they don't like for whatever
> reason (eg. they believe it's hanging). Or the TCP connection may fail
> "in the middle" for what ever reason else (the device ran out of
> power, crashed, …).
>
> The fix, it would probably be better to handle ConnectionClosed and
> various other errors the same way Kom does it.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

RE: From July/August 2010 (Thread: WAListener error)

Robert Sirois
I reread the thread again now that I understand more about the problem.. I agree it has something to do with sessions expiring. I'm a little uncomfortable putting any exception handling too far upstream, so to speak.

Should the handling occur on WAListenerAdaptor or Socket? I feel as if it should be on WAListenerAdaptor since that is where the problem seems to be rooted.

2011/6/16 Robert Sirois <[hidden email]>:
> I reread the thread again now that I understand more about the problem.. I
> agree it has something to do with sessions expiring. I'm a little
> uncomfortable putting any exception handling too far upstream, so to speak.
> Should the handling occur on WAListenerAdaptor or Socket? I feel as if it
> should be on WAListenerAdaptor since that is where the problem seems to be
> rooted.

Yes, certainly not Socket.

Cheers
Philippe