From www.mysite.com:8080/myapp to www.mysite.com

Dave
Hi there,
 I can't figure out how can I change the seaside configuration (?) to provide that mapping.
I've already nginx as reverse proxy, but it serves www.mysite.com:8080 as www.mysite.com, so I want to get rid of /myapp
Can you help me, please?

TIA
 Dav

Re: From www.mysite.com:8080/myapp to www.mysite.com

Paul DeBruicker
I think that's covered right at the end of this page:
http://book.seaside.st/book/advanced/deployment/deployment-preparing

On 05/09/2012 10:12 AM, Dav wrote:

> Hi there,
>   I can't figure out how can I change the seaside configuration (?) to
> provide that mapping.
> I've already nginx as reverse proxy, but it serves www.mysite.com:8080 as
> www.mysite.com, so I want to get rid of /myapp
> Can you help me, please?
>
> TIA
>   Dav

Re: From www.mysite.com:8080/myapp to www.mysite.com

Dave
Hi Paul,
 I can't get to to work. Following my code:

| application |
application := WADispatcher default handlerAt: 'myapp'.

application
preferenceAt: #serverProtocol put: 'http';
preferenceAt: #serverHostname put: 'localhost';
preferenceAt: #serverPort put: 8080;
preferenceAt: #serverPath put: '/'

If I point my browser to http://localhost:8080 I don't see my app but the welcome to seaside home.
Hints?

Cheers
Dave

Re: From www.mysite.com:8080/myapp to www.mysite.com

Dave
I made another try, but it does not work.

To reproduce it:
* download seaside oneclickexperience http://www.seaside.st/distributions/Seaside-3.0.7-OneClick.zip
* open a workspace and evaluate:

application := WADispatcher default handlerAt: 'browse'.
application
preferenceAt: #serverProtocol put: 'http';
preferenceAt: #serverHostname put: 'localhost';
preferenceAt: #serverPort put: 8080;
preferenceAt: #serverPath put: '/'

* point your browser to localhost:8080
* you won't see the "browse" home but the standard "welcome" home

I'm going to open a bug to seaside.
Dave

Re: From www.mysite.com:8080/myapp to www.mysite.com

Philippe Marschall
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 7:57 AM, Dav <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>  I can't get to to work. Following my code:
>
> | application |
> application := WADispatcher default handlerAt: 'myapp'.
>
> application
> preferenceAt: #serverProtocol put: 'http';
> preferenceAt: #serverHostname put: 'localhost';
> preferenceAt: #serverPort put: 8080;
> preferenceAt: #serverPath put: '/'

WADispatcher default defaultName: 'myapp'

Cheers
Philippe

Re: From www.mysite.com:8080/myapp to www.mysite.com

Dave
Philippe Marschall wrote

Cheers
Dav

Re: From www.mysite.com:8080/myapp to www.mysite.com

Dave
Philippe Marschall wrote
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 7:57 AM, Dav <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>  I can't get to to work. Following my code:
>
> | application |
> application := WADispatcher default handlerAt: 'myapp'.
>
> application
> preferenceAt: #serverProtocol put: 'http';
> preferenceAt: #serverHostname put: 'localhost';
> preferenceAt: #serverPort put: 8080;
> preferenceAt: #serverPath put: '/'

WADispatcher default defaultName: 'myapp'

Cheers
Philippe
Further hint for list members:
If you have a reverse proxy like me and if you want to use default http port (80), you shouldn't put

application preferenceAt: #serverPort put: 8080

but

application preferenceAt: #serverPort put: ''

otherwise all your links will have port 8080 set
Dav