[Fuel] Conditions for Fuel file compatibility?

[Fuel] Conditions for Fuel file compatibility?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

I think the question is good for a new thread:

Tim M. reported that a fuel file from a 6.1 image could be read in a 7.0 image.

I wonder what the conditions are for this type of compatibility

- type of objects written?
- no class definition changes?
- ...

Regards
Hannes

Re: [Fuel] Conditions for Fuel file compatibility?

NorbertHartl
Hannes,

fuel should not be depend on image or vm version just on its own version. The rule is that if you have the same version of fuel in two images you should be able to use it on both images regardless of image or vm version.

The current issue is probably vm dependent. I can also read fuel files that are produce by my service back into my image. But I cannot read the fuel files produced by my jenkins server. Image is the same everywhere but the vm is different.

Norbert

> Am 30.08.2017 um 12:58 schrieb H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hello
>
> I think the question is good for a new thread:
>
> Tim M. reported that a fuel file from a 6.1 image could be read in a 7.0 image.
>
> I wonder what the conditions are for this type of compatibility
>
> - type of objects written?
> - no class definition changes?
> - ...
>
> Regards
> Hannes

Re: [Fuel] Conditions for Fuel file compatibility?

Hannes Hirzel
Norbert

Thank you for the info that the version of Fuel is important, not
image version nor VM.

This looks promising:

my Pharo 5 image has

    FLMaterializer new version   194