Fuel - FLSerializer tests are not working (pharo 8)

Fuel - FLSerializer tests are not working (pharo 8)

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hi Guys,

There is something wrong with Fuel.
I got the version for Pharo 8

Metacello new
    repository: 'github://theseion/Fuel:3.0.2/repository';
    baseline: 'Fuel';
    load.

But tests are red, all tests of FLBinaryFileStreamBasicSerializationTest and
others

Cheers
Davide

Re: Fuel - FLSerializer tests are not working (pharo 8)

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hi,
I discovered why tests are failing.
The reason is that Fuel is using root directory as working path instead of
the working directory. Unfortunately the root dir is not writeable (of
course) and so the failings.

I guess the mistake occurs because since Pharo (7?) the File* and Stream*
classes changed.
Cheers
Davide

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list wrote

> Hi Guys,
>
> There is something wrong with Fuel.
> I got the version for Pharo 8
>
> Metacello new
>     repository: 'github://theseion/Fuel:3.0.2/repository';
>     baseline: 'Fuel';
>     load.
>

> But tests are red, all tests of FLBinaryFileStreamBasicSerializationTest
> and
> others
>
> Cheers
> Davide

Re: Fuel - FLSerializer tests are not working (pharo 8)

I still find it strange because Max and Martin are always taking care about fuel and I do not see them
publishing a version for a new version with red tests.

From: Davide Varvello <[hidden email]>
Subject: Fuel - FLSerializer tests are not working (pharo 8)
Date: 27 July 2020 at 12:15:32 CEST

Hi Guys,

There is something wrong with Fuel.
I got the version for Pharo 8

Metacello new
   repository: '<a href="github://theseion/Fuel:3.0.2/repository" class="">github://theseion/Fuel:3.0.2/repository';
   baseline: 'Fuel';
   load.

But tests are red, all tests of FLBinaryFileStreamBasicSerializationTest and
others

Cheers
Davide

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: Fuel - FLSerializer tests are not working (pharo 8)

Stéphane Ducasse
I took a Pharo8 image and

Metacello new
   repository: '<a href="github://theseion/Fuel:3.0.2/repository" class="">github://theseion/Fuel:3.0.2/repository';
   baseline: 'Fuel';
   load.

and run the tests and all the tests are green on my machine.

595 ran, 576 passed, 1 skipped, 19 expected failures, 0 failures, 0 errors, 0 passed unexpected

S.

Re: Fuel - FLSerializer tests are not working (pharo 8)

Denis Kudriashov
It can be a known issue with MacOS, the way how an operating system assigns a working directory for applications.
For example starting an app using double click from Finder will use a root directory as a working copy.

Davide how did you start the Pharo? Can you try to run it from the command line? In that case the current working directory of the terminal will be assigned to the started application.

S.

Re: Fuel - FLSerializer tests are not working (pharo 8)

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hi Denis.
I drag and drop the image on the Pharo.app, but it's is an issue of Pharo8
(and also Pharo7, I downloaded a vm and tested it) because on Pharo6
everything is fine.
Davide

Denis Kudriashov wrote