Fuel on VSE

Henrik Høyer
I didn't attend ESUG this year, and was wondering if any of you guys attended the presentation of the FUEL serializer, and if you have made any thoughts on porting this project to VSE. We currently use the Standard VSE ObjectFiler, and are always looking for performance improvements - and FUEL looks interesting.

More info on FUEL:
http://rmod.lille.inria.fr/web/pier/software/Fuel

--
Henrik Høyer
Chief Software Architect

***           this signature added by listserv             ***
*** Visit  http://www.listserv.dfn.de/archives/vswe-l.html ***
*** for archive browsing and VSWE-L membership management  ***

Re: Fuel on VSE

Carlos E. Ferro
On 30/09/2011 11:06, Henrik Høyer wrote:
I didn't attend ESUG this year, and was wondering if any of you guys attended the presentation of the FUEL serializer, and if you have made any thoughts on porting this project to VSE.
I did not attend, but I have thought about that and I would be interested on porting it.
Currently, I am studying the project.

We currently use the Standard VSE ObjectFiler, and are always looking for performance improvements - and FUEL looks interesting.
Yes, it seems promising.
But note that ObjectFiler is very powerful in its support for "migration" from older versions. It has mappings for class names, instance variables and so on... I think Fuel provides some hooks where you can do that, but don't think it has something so mature, complete and enginereed for that.
Most likely, I would port on  first stage and then do some kind of mixture...
But (sad for you) it's a hobby/research project and I don't have any deadline. So, don't hold your breath.
More info on FUEL:
http://rmod.lille.inria.fr/web/pier/software/Fuel

*** this signature added by listserv *** *** Visit http://www.listserv.dfn.de/archives/vswe-l.html *** *** for archive browsing and VSWE-L membership management ***

Re: Fuel on VSE

Francisco Garau
We are trying to port it to VW and Felix  has got the parcel files already - not all test pass, though.

- Francisco

On 30 Sep 2011, at 15:06, Henrik Høyer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I didn't attend ESUG this year, and was wondering if any of you guys attended the presentation of the FUEL serializer, and if you have made any thoughts on porting this project to VSE. We currently use the Standard VSE ObjectFiler, and are always looking for performance improvements - and FUEL looks interesting.
>
> More info on FUEL:
> http://rmod.lille.inria.fr/web/pier/software/Fuel
>

> --
> Henrik Høyer
> Chief Software Architect
> [hidden email] * (+45) 4029 2092
> Marievej 15 * 4600 Køge
> www.sPeople.dk * (+45) 7023 7775
>
> ***           this signature added by listserv             ***
> *** Visit  http://www.listserv.dfn.de/archives/vswe-l.html ***
> *** for archive browsing and VSWE-L membership management  ***

***           this signature added by listserv             ***
*** Visit  http://www.listserv.dfn.de/archives/vswe-l.html ***
*** for archive browsing and VSWE-L membership management  ***

Re: Fuel on VSE

Henrik Høyer
signature

Hi Carlos

Let me know when you get to a point where we could collaborate on the project.

sPeople Logo Henrik Høyer
Chief Software Architect
[hidden email] • (+45) 4029 2092
Tigervej 27 • 4600 Køge
www.sPeople.dk • (+45) 7023 7775

*** this signature added by listserv *** *** Visit http://www.listserv.dfn.de/archives/vswe-l.html *** *** for archive browsing and VSWE-L membership management ***

[S8] on Smalltalking

leodm
signature

Smalltalking (http://www.smalltalking.net) is proud to inform

that Project S8 is going to be hosted by our organization.

What license have S8?

The software "S8" will be released under MIT License

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php

Why Smalltalking?

-The years we've been involved in OT and Smalltalk is

 a key value for anyone looking for a long term support.

-We believe that the years we've been doing Smalltalking

 serve as warranty of persistence for S8 and related projects

 and will help to define a healthy community of developers

 using S8 in a social development context.

-Smalltalking sponsors and regulates the activity that

 is formulated in a social context, with an open number

 of derivative works based on the same platform.

Are you and/or your company interested?

Want to participate or sponsor development?

Currently we are working on all aspects of first release of

 the S8 software and the organization to support open social

 development. So we have not yet released a collaborative

 system (nor how to register). If you are interested in

 collaborating in any way, please send us an email with

 contact information to info@...

 ( name, email, skype, topics of interest ).

Thanks in advance,

Leonardo De Marco

Smalltalking secretary

*** this signature added by listserv *** *** Visit http://www.listserv.dfn.de/archives/vswe-l.html *** *** for archive browsing and VSWE-L membership management *** *** this signature added by listserv *** *** Visit http://www.listserv.dfn.de/archives/vswe-l.html *** *** for archive browsing and VSWE-L membership management ***

Re: [S8] on Smalltalking

Claus Kick
Hello,

why not approaching STIC?

--
Claus Kick

"Wenn Sie mich suchen: Ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf.
Genauer gesagt auf der schmalen Linie zwischen Wahnsinn und Panik.
Gleich um die Ecke von Todesangst, nicht weit weg von Irrwitz und Idiotie."

"If you are looking for me: I am somewhere near to lunacy.
More clearly, on the narrow path between lunacy and panic.
Right around the corner of  fear of death,
not far away from idiocy and insanity."