FuelPreview doesn't work if you follow the instructions on the Fuel website.

FuelPreview doesn't work if you follow the instructions on the Fuel website.

Paul DeBruicker
Hi -

If you follow the docs here:
http://rmod.lille.inria.fr/web/pier/software/Fuel/Version1.8/Documentation/FuelPackages

The example in the docs does not work.

FLAnalyzer>>#showPreview gives a dnu.  If you run the example in the
class comments of FLGraphViewBuilder you get another dnu when
ROElement>>#addShape: is sent.

Should it work on Pharo 1.3?

Thanks

Paul

Re: FuelPreview doesn't work if you follow the instructions on the Fuel website.

tinchodias
Hi Paul, thank you, instructions were wrong because was loading
#bleedingEdge. Now I fixed it, please use:

(ConfigurationOfFuel project version: #static) load: 'FuelPreview'.

HTH,
Martin

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 7:47 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi -
>
> If you follow the docs here:
> http://rmod.lille.inria.fr/web/pier/software/Fuel/Version1.8/Documentation/FuelPackages
>
> The example in the docs does not work.
>
> FLAnalyzer>>#showPreview gives a dnu.  If you run the example in the class
> comments of FLGraphViewBuilder you get another dnu when
> ROElement>>#addShape: is sent.
>
> Should it work on Pharo 1.3?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

Re: FuelPreview doesn't work if you follow the instructions on the Fuel website.

tinchodias
> (ConfigurationOfFuel project version: #static) load: 'FuelPreview'.

#stable

sorry!

Re: FuelPreview doesn't work if you follow the instructions on the Fuel website.

tinchodias
For viewing the example you sent in the other thread you may do:

|coll|
coll:=OrderedCollection new.
(Interval from: 1 to: 100) do: [:each|
       coll add:( each \\ 2 = 0
               ifTrue: [SortedCollection sortBlock:[:a :c | a name < c name] ]
               ifFalse:[Dictionary new] ) ].

(FLAnalyzer newDefault
        setDebug;
        analysisFor: coll)
        openPathsToEvery: [:o | o isKindOf: SortedCollection ].

Trick: in the case you want to explore the graph traced using
FuelMetalevel, you should send #useFullMappers this way:

(FLAnalyzer newDefault
        useFullMappers;
        setDebug;
        analysisFor: coll)
        openPathsToEvery: [:o | o isKindOf: SortedCollection ].

in this case I think will be the same, but in others may differ.

FuelPreview is a very new tool, please tell us what can be improved.

Cheers,
Martín

Re: FuelPreview doesn't work if you follow the instructions on the Fuel website.

Paul DeBruicker
That bit of code serializing the collection with SortedCollections and
Dictionaries isn't something I'm using, its just recreated error that
popped up when I was trying to sort out my initial problem.

On 06/07/2012 04:53 PM, Martin Dias wrote:
> in this case I think will be the same, but in others may differ.
>
> FuelPreview is a very new tool, please tell us what can be improved.

Is there a way to prevent the drawing of lines between nodes that are:

nil, true, false, Characters, Symbols, and SmallIntegers?

Also for those values and maybe strings can the nodes just be 'nil' or 4
or $b whichever it may be instead of the black circles?

When trying to visualize one of my domain objects the visualization
looks like the attached.

And I can't really tell what's going on.

Thanks

2012-06-07-170423_1280x800_scrot.png (70K) Download Attachment

Re: FuelPreview doesn't work if you follow the instructions on the Fuel website.

tinchodias
> Is there a way to prevent the drawing of lines between nodes that are:
>
> nil, true, false, Characters, Symbols, and SmallIntegers?

Hhm ok, probably in most cases it's superfluous to see such basic objects.

> Also for those values and maybe strings can the nodes just be 'nil' or 4 or
> $b whichever it may be instead of the black circles?

good idea

> When trying to visualize one of my domain objects the visualization looks
> like the attached.
>
> And I can't really tell what's going on.

Ouch, I know, that happens quite usually... Maybe Alexandre can help
us to put another layout for the nodes?

thanks
Martín