Fun with ProfStef

123

Re: Fun with ProfStef

Danny Chan
Hi!

In the latest version of ProfStefCore from me I moved two messages I defined in
ProfStefBrowser to the ProfStef class.

"goto to specific tutorial and lesson by selector"
ProfStef tutorial: SmalltalkSyntaxTutorial lesson: #welcome

"goto to specific tutorial and lesson by index"
ProfStef tutorial: SmalltalkSyntaxTutorial lessonAt: 1

Both replace the text in the window and do  not start a new window. I found
that opening a new window does not work well anyway, because it leaves the old
one in an unusable state.

Danny

Am Montag, 1. Februar 2010 19:22:58 schrieb Dale Henrichs:

> ----- "Mariano Martinez Peck" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> | On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Dale Henrichs
> |
> | <[hidden email]>wrote:
> | > |
> | > |

> | > Laurent,
> | >
> | > The #goto: style allows one to label a lesson ... #timesRepeat:
> |
> | fails if I
> |
> | > reorder the lessons.
> | >
> | > I apologize for using #goto:, but my first language was FORTRAN:)
> |
> | Come on Dale!!! It was a joke :)  And I was talking about to go:to: in
> | the
> | code, which this is not the case. Here the go:to is for lessons :)
> | Maybe
> | something like goToLessonNumber: or similar ...
> |
> | It was just funny.
> |
> | Cheers
>
> Mariano,
>
> I was joking as well:) ... the smile on my face doesn't come across in
>  email!
>
> Nonetheless, it does seem that #lesson: or #gotoLesson: or something in
>  that vein would be a better selector anyway:)
>
> Dale

Re: Fun with ProfStef

Dale
Excellent!

Dale
----- "Danny Chan" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Hi!
|
| In the latest version of ProfStefCore from me I moved two messages I
| defined in
| ProfStefBrowser to the ProfStef class.
|
| "goto to specific tutorial and lesson by selector"
| ProfStef tutorial: SmalltalkSyntaxTutorial lesson: #welcome
|
| "goto to specific tutorial and lesson by index"
| ProfStef tutorial: SmalltalkSyntaxTutorial lessonAt: 1
|
| Both replace the text in the window and do  not start a new window. I
| found
| that opening a new window does not work well anyway, because it leaves
| the old
| one in an unusable state.
|
| Danny
|

| Am Montag, 1. Februar 2010 19:22:58 schrieb Dale Henrichs:
| > ----- "Mariano Martinez Peck" <[hidden email]> wrote:
| > | On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Dale Henrichs
| > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > | fails if I
| > |

| FORTRAN:)
| > |
| > | Come on Dale!!! It was a joke :)  And I was talking about to
| go:to: in
| > | the
| > | code, which this is not the case. Here the go:to is for lessons
| :)
| > | Maybe
| > | something like goToLessonNumber: or similar ...
| > |
| > | It was just funny.
| > |
| > | Cheers
| >
| > Mariano,
| >
| > I was joking as well:) ... the smile on my face doesn't come across
| in
| >  email!
| >
| > Nonetheless, it does seem that #lesson: or #gotoLesson: or something
| in
| >  that vein would be a better selector anyway:)
| >
| > Dale

Re: Fun with ProfStef

laurent laffont
On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

Welcome ProfStef-Core and ProfStef-Tests !

Cool !!   Now you can update the ConfigurationOfProfStef so that I can link correctly from ConfigurationOfPharo ;)

You can look  as an example in ConfigurationOfShout or OCompletion !

Hi Mariano,

I've updated ConfigurationOfProfStef.

Laurent

123