Fun with the parcel loading dialog

1 message Options

Fun with the parcel loading dialog

Joerg Beekmann, DeepCove Labs (YVR)

Now here is a curious behavior

1)       In a stock VW 7.4 image go to “System -> Load Parcels Named…”

2)       Type ‘advan’ into the find field. Notice it finds ‘All Advanced Tool’ great so far.

3)       Type an additional ‘c’ and notice ‘All Advanced Tools’ disappears!

Even better if you initially type ‘Advanc’ it will find ‘All Advanced Tool’ but once you add an e it won’t. Now given some blogging about Hamming distances a few months ago I’m guess that is what is going on. So I suppose it is working as designed, however the behavior is a bit counter-intuitive.

Joerg