Further improvement of Store publishing speed

1 message Options

Further improvement of Store publishing speed

Andres Valloud-2
Hello VWNC,

  And the TimeProfiler still showed tons of strings being created.
  Eventually I traced them down to numerous sends of absoluteName from
  addClasses:andMetaclasses:.  I replaced detect: sent to an ordered
  collection with a dictionary lookup, and the publishing time went
  from 55 seconds to 40 seconds.  The time spent talking to Postgresql
  went up from 15% to 25%.

  Hopefully I didn't miss anything, or otherwise my Store repository
  will be messed up.

--
Best regards,
 Andres                          mailto:[hidden email]

Package-addClassesandMetaclasses.st (2K) Download Attachment