Future of Lively?

Dave Crossland

Hi

This project seems to have halted.

Why did that happen?

Where did the Lively developers move on to?

What, if any, is the future of Lively?

--
Cheers
Dave

Re: Future of Lively?

Dan Ingalls-4
Hi Dave -

No halted at all;  just “morphed” into Lively-Web.org (mostly San Francisco crew, esp Robert on CC), and mostly maintained on GIT.

Lively is very much in motion still with lots planned for the summer, and there is another “Lively4” project (mostly Potsdam crew, esp Jens on CC) working on a tighter integration with, e.g., DOM and HTML.

Feel free to inquire more, once you have gotten oriented.

  - Dan
—————
On Apr 18, 2016, at 10:10 AM, Dave Crossland <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> This project seems to have halted.
>
> Why did that happen?
>
> Where did the Lively developers move on to?
>
> What, if any, is the future of Lively?
>
> --
> Cheers
> Dave

Re: Future of Lively?

Andy Burnett
I am delighted to hear this. I was checking the commit log yesterday, trying to work out if it was dead. And I was going to mail the list to ask exactly the same question.

Right, time to set up a new server, and start playing.

Cheers
Andy

On 18 Apr 2016, 14:54 -0400, Daniel Ingalls <[hidden email]>, wrote:
[...]

Hi Dan!

Wow, thanks for the super fast response! This is great to hear :)

Are any lively folks in NYC, where I am? :)

If not, please do keep me in mind if you pass through :)

On 18 April 2016 at 14:52, Daniel Ingalls <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dave -

No halted at all;  just “morphed” into Lively-Web.org (mostly San Francisco crew, esp Robert on CC), and mostly maintained on GIT.

Lively is very much in motion still with lots planned for the summer, and there is another “Lively4” project (mostly Potsdam crew, esp Jens on CC) working on a tighter integration with, e.g., DOM and HTML.

Feel free to inquire more, once you have gotten oriented.

  - Dan
—————
On Apr 18, 2016, at 10:10 AM, Dave Crossland <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> This project seems to have halted.
>
> Why did that happen?
>
> Where did the Lively developers move on to?
>
> What, if any, is the future of Lively?
>
> --
> Cheers
> Dave

Cheers
Dave

SAP/CDG Labs roadmaps + opportunities?

Davide Della Casa
I’m going to be brazen and ask whether you have a SAP/CDG research roadmap that you could share?

And whether as part of such roadmap you would consider having people to work on Jens Monig’s morphic.js?

I worked on a port + extensive rewrite + several new features to morphic.js and I find it a delightful, promising gem.

Now I understand that there are already many browser-based lively systems around (for some broad definition of lively systems) but still, I ask just in case ;-)

(there are several reasons why morphic.js would be worthwhile, I don’t elaborate here, plus Jens probably already made his case, but I can elaborate on request...)

Cheers,
Davide Della Casa

Re: Future of Lively?

Robert Krahn-5
Hi Dave –

To see some of the projects from the last two years visit
  http://email.kra.hn/c/eJwtjT0PgjAYhH8NbDSF8tEOHRRkMA4YBz-2Ci-l2FLEqvHf2xjvLs9wueQ6XvQMd6Hi5Wp7qMZzk0dy8yxI-ZbQHNcXkUlzb2JxJw6nNFaX9lTt674k590-SLERSiP5Y2tNOHCgOMcxw3mSMMEoSSGjcGXeKXgVoeaDc3NAVkFS-2j1Av2J3nBFdpG-mBc7QuseaHBGhwv_D26wTKD94zAr9JxUNFv36IRBHXwBXII_UQ

As Dan said, Lively development is still lively, we are actively
engaged using and evolving our wiki at
  http://email.kra.hn/c/eJwtjbsOgjAAAL-GbhBKKa1DBwQZjAPEQWFraSnV8hQk_r3EmFxuuOUkI83Bl8CwJD5f00eZR64-rQQlm1b57VhxrLsph3xCix9SaKr6nhZZk6DyUjih33FjPf1zPXSgZRhzSKjEIeQYNlwIKiOBg4A2BNcBIsCydllGB8VOkO1Y81b2425KeMOswcz-4anmXtn90I7GW3vjjsPykrzzpPoCmSQ5UQ

We are also planning on doing future projects in the areas of live
programming, PartsBin-based development and end-user programming.

Best,
Robert

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 10:10 AM, Dave Crossland <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> This project seems to have halted.
>
> Why did that happen?
>
> Where did the Lively developers move on to?
>
> What, if any, is the future of Lively?
>
> --
> Cheers
> Dave

> http://email.kra.hn/c/eJxljr0OgjAAhJ8GNkihrdChA4IMxgHioLAVWkq1_BeNb68hLsbkcrkvl0uO06AhgNuKxtHxnNyKbOfIwxrA-ClFdtmXDMtuyjw2QQNQ6KmyviZ52sSwOOUWAh1T2pWb10Nnt7QigGDgE8gJrDiqPMQhBh5iIcciqH1b09aY0YKR5acfabWYxW1H5a69csbBLJx1LhffSvXNsMWH0C_nLuZeaHumP_y58b9_A8kDRr8

Re: Future of Lively?

Dave Crossland
Hi Robert!

Thanks for these - great stuff :) I'll follow up when I have more substantial questions, but the emphasis on live-coding is really awesome.

  http://email.kra.hn/c/eJwdjbsOgyAAAL9GNo2ICA4MVuvQdNB0aO2GgoiB-CjV9O9rm1xuuOUEI30aCqBZnl1uxdhUia_Ob4LyXcnqfnpyrOxSQb4gF8YU6mf3KOqyz1Fzrb04tFybQP3dTRYMDFIJO5xKgjklSYy4SGkrepLiiPYQC2DY4NzsocyLygOjN2k-_i7bYFrVEeZ1GmXnXsHgrAErE3yTx8jwNvktvu5sN7E

  http://email.kra.hn/c/eJwdzLsOgjAAQNGvoRukD2jp0AFBBuMAcVDYSltKTQlCEOLfiyY3dzxasJ5DDZzIs8uteDYVDe35zUi-W1PdT61M7DhXSM5khXGKXKseRV32OWmudRDDUTof2f_VNIJBaK4l01RDmKaM6wRBhCXHSiKUKNxR4MWwrq-AZAEuj7zbjP-Eu-miabFgEVpu5oC97OiP_AKRDTGg

--
Cheers
Dave

Re: Future of Lively?

Andy Burnett
Wow!
The projects page is great. But, I couldn't find an obvious link to it via the LK front page.  Are there other cool pages on the site that also don't have direct links?

Cheers
Andy

On 22 April 2016 at 12:10, Andy Burnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
I couldn't find an obvious link to it via the LK front page.

Are there other cool pages on the site that also don't have direct links?

I'm also curious about this!! :D

new (old :-) live desktop environment: Fizzygum

Davide Della Casa

sending you the link to a new (old :-) Smalltalk-inspired system.

http://fizzygum.org/

In particular, for you explicitly: http://fizzygum.org/docs/fizzygum-for-lispers-and-smalltalkers/

Cheers,
Davide