Future-proof your projects' Gruntfile.js's

Future-proof your projects' Gruntfile.js's

Herby Vojčík
Hello!

To be on par with upcoming changes in amber/amber-dev/grunt-init-amber,
or just to update your infrastructure to the current state, please
update the `requirejs:deploy:` and `requirejs:devel:` parts of your
projects with:

   deploy: {
       mainConfigFile: "config.js",
       rawText: {"app":
'define("amber/Platform",["amber_core/Platform-Browser"],{});define(["deploy"],function(x){return
x});'},
       bundles: {"app": ["amber/Platform"]},
       pragmas: {
         excludeIdeData: true,
         excludeDebugContexts: true
       },
       include: ['config', 'node_modules/requirejs/require', 'app'],
       out: "the.js"
     }
   },
   devel: {
       mainConfigFile: "config.js",
       rawText: {"app":
'define("amber/Platform",["amber_core/Platform-Browser"],{});define(["devel"],function(x){return
x});'},
       bundles: {"app": ["amber/Platform"]},
       include: ['config', 'node_modules/requirejs/require', 'app'],
       exclude: ['devel'],
       out: "the.js"
     }
   },

With this, near future changes (maintenance release of amber w/ cleaned
Compiler hierarchy and virtual late-mapped amber/Platform, amber-dev
0.8.0) won't catch you unprepared. In my best knowledge, this won't
break your existing setup (try to run `grunt devel` to find out), unless
it's pretty old.

Herby

Re: Future-proof your projects' Gruntfile.js's

Herby Vojčík
In fact, this must be yet a bit different to work with 0.14.17, just
look at
https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/wiki/Migration-from-0.14.16-to-0.14.17.