Future

Thierry Goubier
Hi All,

I saw that Squeak has an implementation for futures. I saw another one,
implemented with blocks [1]. There is nothing of the sort in Pharo at
the moment?

[1] http://onsmalltalk.com/smalltalk-concurrency-playing-with-futures

Thanks,

Thierry

Re: Future

Max Leske
IIRC TaskIT supports fututes: http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~sbragagnolo/TaskIT (there was a thread on the list recently).

On 28.07.2014, at 15:36, Thierry Goubier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I saw that Squeak has an implementation for futures. I saw another one, implemented with blocks [1]. There is nothing of the sort in Pharo at the moment?
>
> [1] http://onsmalltalk.com/smalltalk-concurrency-playing-with-futures
>
> Thanks,
>
> Thierry

Re: Future

Thierry Goubier
Le 28/07/2014 16:06, Max Leske a écrit :
> IIRC TaskIT supports fututes: http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~sbragagnolo/TaskIT (there was a thread on the list recently).

Thanks. I missed it, especially the forkIt part :)

Why do you point me to

http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~sbragagnolo/TaskIT

and not to:

http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~CAR/TaskIT/

since the latter was the one used in the recent thread about TaskIT?

Thierry

On 28.07.2014, at 18:12, Thierry Goubier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 28/07/2014 16:06, Max Leske a écrit :
>> IIRC TaskIT supports fututes: http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~sbragagnolo/TaskIT (there was a thread on the list recently).
>
> Thanks. I missed it, especially the forkIt part :)
>
> Why do you point me to
>
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~sbragagnolo/TaskIT
>
> and not to:
>
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~CAR/TaskIT/
>
> since the latter was the one used in the recent thread about TaskIT?

I remembered the name and went to STHub to look up the project. I recoginzed Santiago’s name and didn’t think twice. Sorry about that.

Max

> Thierry
>

>> On 28.07.2014, at 15:36, Thierry Goubier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I saw that Squeak has an implementation for futures. I saw another one, implemented with blocks [1]. There is nothing of the sort in Pharo at the moment?
>>>
>>> [1] http://onsmalltalk.com/smalltalk-concurrency-playing-with-futures
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Thierry

Re: Future

Thierry Goubier
Le 28/07/2014 18:23, Santiago Bragagnolo a écrit :
> In my repo you can find the last last things, in CAR the things that
> are kind of close. (The one in CAR is used by PhaROS core, so we
> prefer to have there close things :) ). Use the CAR one if you want to
> use it, take things from mine repo if you want to see where we are going.

Ok. Thanks.

Thierry