Fw: Re: OSProcess status

1 message Options

Fw: Re: OSProcess status

KenDickey
From: Ken Dickey <[hidden email]>
To: "David T. Lewis" <[hidden email]>
====Sorry, forgot to CC this group!====

On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 10:33:07 -0500
"David T. Lewis" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Most likely you are using a Cog VM that does not able to provide the X11
> display control plugin. For purposes of running the full OSProcess test
> suite, it is best to use a standard interpreter VM (from squeakvm.org/unix).

Correct. I was using COG

I just did a "git pull" of Cuis-Smalltalk-OSProcess, loaded OSProcess.pck.st and ran all tests.

The required packages loaded.  I got seven 'minor' test case failures.  Note that Puppy linux typically runs the user as root.  I don't know if this makes a difference to the tests.

  UnixProcessTestCase>>#testForkHeadlessSqueakAndDo
  UnixProcessAccessorTestCase>>#testIsWritableForUserInGroup
  UnixProcessTestCase>>#testForkHeadlessSqueakAndDoThenQuit
  UnixProcessAccessorTestCase>>#testIsWritable
  UnixProcessUnixFileLockingTestCase>>#testCooperatingProcesses02
  UnixProcessWin32FileLockingTestCase>>#testCooperatingProcesses04
  UnixProcessTestCase>>#testClassForkHeadlessSqueakAndDo

Looking much better!

-KenD

--
Ken [dot] Dickey [at] whidbey [dot] com