Fwd: [ANN] 10254

Stéphane Ducasse

Issue 655: Overlapping Graphics on World do not Properly Repaint
Issue 658: Preferences resetHaloSpecifications
Issue 664: unimplemented errorCantGoBack
Closed 665

now we will focus on the closures.

Re: Fwd: [ANN] 10254

Henrik Sperre Johansen
It seems BorderedMorph's areasRemainingToFill: method got reverted to
the version in use prior to the override by PolyMorph (which has now
been promoted to Morph), instead of removed completely.
(This is the state my image is in after updating a released 248, at least)

Cheers,
Henry

Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Issue 655: Overlapping Graphics on World do not Properly Repaint
> Issue 658: Preferences resetHaloSpecifications
> Issue 664: unimplemented errorCantGoBack
> Closed 665
>
> now we will focus on the closures.
>
> Stef

Re: Fwd: [ANN] 10254

Stéphane Ducasse

henrik I just integrated the file you gave me.
If you have a new version that fixes the problem I will do a new
version.

Stef

On Mar 19, 2009, at 12:20 PM, Henrik Johansen wrote:

> It seems BorderedMorph's areasRemainingToFill: method got reverted to
> the version in use prior to the override by PolyMorph (which has now
> been promoted to Morph), instead of removed completely.
> (This is the state my image is in after updating a released 248, at
> least)
>
> Cheers,
> Henry
>
> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>> Issue 655: Overlapping Graphics on World do not Properly Repaint
>> Issue 658: Preferences resetHaloSpecifications
>> Issue 664: unimplemented errorCantGoBack
>> Closed 665
>>
>> now we will focus on the closures.
>>
>> Stef

SketchMorphRepainting.3.cs (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: [ANN] 10254

Henrik Sperre Johansen
I know, which is why I thought it was strange, the .cs contained:
!BorderedMorph removeSelector: #areasRemainingToFill:!
which when I file it in, results in no areasRemainingToFill: method for
BorderedMorph in the image.

I really have no idea how the update process makes it revert to an older
version instead, nor how one would go about fixing it... :/

Cheers,
Henrik

Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> henrik I just integrated the file you gave me.
> If you have a new version that fixes the problem I will do a new version.
>
> Stef
>
> On Mar 19, 2009, at 12:20 PM, Henrik Johansen wrote:
>
>> It seems BorderedMorph's areasRemainingToFill: method got reverted to
>> the version in use prior to the override by PolyMorph (which has now
>> been promoted to Morph), instead of removed completely.
>> (This is the state my image is in after updating a released 248, at
>> least)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Henry
>>
>> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>> Issue 655:    Overlapping Graphics on World do not Properly Repaint
>>> Issue 658:    Preferences resetHaloSpecifications
>>> Issue 664:    unimplemented errorCantGoBack
>>> Closed 665
>>>
>>> now we will focus on the closures.
>>>
>>> Stef

Re: Fwd: [ANN] 10254

Adrian Lienhard
Probably this was an override by Polymorph, and removing an overridden
method in one package, as far as I know, reverts it to the method
version provided by the other package. Overrides should be avoided,
they just cause troubles.

Adrian

On Mar 19, 2009, at 13:46 , Henrik Johansen wrote:

> I know, which is why I thought it was strange, the .cs contained:
> !BorderedMorph removeSelector: #areasRemainingToFill:!
> which when I file it in, results in no areasRemainingToFill: method
> for
> BorderedMorph in the image.
>
> I really have no idea how the update process makes it revert to an
> older
> version instead, nor how one would go about fixing it... :/
>
> Cheers,
> Henrik
>
> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>

>> henrik I just integrated the file you gave me.
>> If you have a new version that fixes the problem I will do a new
>> version.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Mar 19, 2009, at 12:20 PM, Henrik Johansen wrote:
>>
>>> It seems BorderedMorph's areasRemainingToFill: method got reverted
>>> the version in use prior to the override by PolyMorph (which has now
>>> been promoted to Morph), instead of removed completely.
>>> (This is the state my image is in after updating a released 248, at
>>> least)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Henry

Re: Fwd: [ANN] 10254

gary could you check that and remove this overrides in polymorph.

Stef

On Mar 19, 2009, at 1:46 PM, Henrik Johansen wrote:

> I know, which is why I thought it was strange, the .cs contained:
> !BorderedMorph removeSelector: #areasRemainingToFill:!
> which when I file it in, results in no areasRemainingToFill: method
> for
> BorderedMorph in the image.
>
> I really have no idea how the update process makes it revert to an
> older
> version instead, nor how one would go about fixing it... :/
>
> Cheers,
> Henrik
>
> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>

>> henrik I just integrated the file you gave me.
>> If you have a new version that fixes the problem I will do a new
>> version.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Mar 19, 2009, at 12:20 PM, Henrik Johansen wrote:
>>
>>> It seems BorderedMorph's areasRemainingToFill: method got reverted
>>> the version in use prior to the override by PolyMorph (which has now
>>> been promoted to Morph), instead of removed completely.
>>> (This is the state my image is in after updating a released 248, at
>>> least)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Henry

Re: Fwd: [ANN] 10254

so henrik
is is ok if I remove areasRemainingToFill: from BorderedMorph?

Stef

On Mar 19, 2009, at 1:46 PM, Henrik Johansen wrote:

> I know, which is why I thought it was strange, the .cs contained:
> !BorderedMorph removeSelector: #areasRemainingToFill:!
> which when I file it in, results in no areasRemainingToFill: method
> for
> BorderedMorph in the image.
>
> I really have no idea how the update process makes it revert to an
> older
> version instead, nor how one would go about fixing it... :/
>
> Cheers,
> Henrik
>
> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>

>> henrik I just integrated the file you gave me.
>> If you have a new version that fixes the problem I will do a new
>> version.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Mar 19, 2009, at 12:20 PM, Henrik Johansen wrote:
>>
>>> It seems BorderedMorph's areasRemainingToFill: method got reverted
>>> the version in use prior to the override by PolyMorph (which has now
>>> been promoted to Morph), instead of removed completely.
>>> (This is the state my image is in after updating a released 248, at
>>> least)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Henry

Re: Fwd: [ANN] 10254

Gary Chambers-4
I'll move the method in the Polymorph packages so it doesn't reappear in a
merge for Pharo.

Regards, Gary

is is ok if I remove areasRemainingToFill: from BorderedMorph?

Stef

On Mar 19, 2009, at 1:46 PM, Henrik Johansen wrote:

> I know, which is why I thought it was strange, the .cs contained:
> !BorderedMorph removeSelector: #areasRemainingToFill:!
> which when I file it in, results in no areasRemainingToFill: method
> for
> BorderedMorph in the image.
>
> I really have no idea how the update process makes it revert to an
> older
> version instead, nor how one would go about fixing it... :/
>
> Cheers,
> Henrik
>
> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>

>> henrik I just integrated the file you gave me.
>> If you have a new version that fixes the problem I will do a new
>> version.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Mar 19, 2009, at 12:20 PM, Henrik Johansen wrote:
>>
>>> It seems BorderedMorph's areasRemainingToFill: method got reverted
>>> the version in use prior to the override by PolyMorph (which has now
>>> been promoted to Morph), instead of removed completely.
>>> (This is the state my image is in after updating a released 248, at
>>> least)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Henry

Re: Fwd: [ANN] 10254

Henrik Sperre Johansen
Short answer: Yes.
Long answer:
The implementation in BorderedMorph was fixed in Polymorph-Overrides,
then that version was promoted to Morph, then BorderedMorph reverted to
pre-Polymorph-Overrides functionality from the removeSelector: in my cs.
So the "correct" thing to do would be to remove all versions of the
method from BorderedMorph, as it's former (correct) version is now used
by Morph.

Cheers,
Henry

Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> so henrik
> is is ok if I remove areasRemainingToFill: from BorderedMorph?
>
> Stef
>
> On Mar 19, 2009, at 1:46 PM, Henrik Johansen wrote:
>

>> I know, which is why I thought it was strange, the .cs contained:
>> !BorderedMorph removeSelector: #areasRemainingToFill:!
>> which when I file it in, results in no areasRemainingToFill: method
>> for
>> BorderedMorph in the image.
>>
>> I really have no idea how the update process makes it revert to an
>> older
>> version instead, nor how one would go about fixing it... :/
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Henrik
>>
>> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> henrik I just integrated the file you gave me.
>>> If you have a new version that fixes the problem I will do a new
>>> version.
>>>
>>> Stef

Re: Fwd: [ANN] 10254

Stéphane Ducasse
thanks for the clarification

On Mar 23, 2009, at 10:31 AM, Henrik Johansen wrote:

> Short answer: Yes.
> Long answer:
> The implementation in BorderedMorph was fixed in Polymorph-Overrides,
> then that version was promoted to Morph, then BorderedMorph reverted
> pre-Polymorph-Overrides functionality from the removeSelector: in my
> cs.
> So the "correct" thing to do would be to remove all versions of the
> method from BorderedMorph, as it's former (correct) version is now
> used
> by Morph.
>
> Cheers,
> Henry
>
> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>> so henrik
>> is is ok if I remove areasRemainingToFill: from BorderedMorph?
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Mar 19, 2009, at 1:46 PM, Henrik Johansen wrote:
>>

>>> I know, which is why I thought it was strange, the .cs contained:
>>> !BorderedMorph removeSelector: #areasRemainingToFill:!
>>> which when I file it in, results in no areasRemainingToFill: method
>>> for
>>> BorderedMorph in the image.
>>>
>>> I really have no idea how the update process makes it revert to an
>>> older
>>> version instead, nor how one would go about fixing it... :/
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Henrik

Re: Fwd: [ANN] 10254

Henrik

I'm preparing a new update.
Can you check that this will be fixed :)

Stef