Fwd: [ANN] Magma 1.5

pdigonzelli1
FYI. Is it interesting for pharo comunity migrate magma from squeak to pharo?.
Anyone knows if it is possible to do?

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Metrotec SRL
25 de Mayo 521
San Miguel de Tucumán
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

Re: Fwd: [ANN] Magma 1.5

HilaireFernandes
Magma is a very valuable tools!
I have no idea of the complexity to deal with that. For example we have
trait in Pharo, I guess it have implication.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Fwd: [ANN] Magma 1.5

stepharo
Hi pablo

I always considered Magma as a good idea/system. Now Chris always
thought that
Pharo was not good for him because we were supported by Gemstone. I
never really understood.
So a port could be good but if Chris is not interested it may be
difficult. Now may be you should
contact him and see. We will pay attention and we can offer CI support
and other.

I should say that I do not understand why people do not understand that
we are not doing Pharo for the
fame, for us, (I would be much much smarter to work in Javascript) but
to support that they can do business
and be successful. Especially since Pharo is open and that we pay
attention to other code and point of view.

I was and I'm still puzzled but I stopped to think about it and I'm just
continuing to push the idea to build
an eco system where you guys can make a living out of this great system.
(I created a company and I would love
to create a couple of others so Pharo as a platform is key for me and
I'm also concerned with that.

Stef

Le 13/8/15 18:15, Pablo R. Digonzelli a écrit :

> FYI. Is it interesting for pharo comunity migrate magma from squeak to pharo?.
> Anyone knows if it is possible to do?
>

> Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
> Software Solutions
> IP-Solutiones SRL
> Metrotec SRL
> 25 de Mayo 521
> San Miguel de Tucumán
> Email: [hidden email]
> [hidden email]
> Cel: 5493815982714

Re: Fwd: [ANN] Magma 1.5

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 13/08/15 18:15, Pablo R. Digonzelli wrote:
> FYI. Is it interesting for pharo comunity migrate magma from squeak to pharo?.
> Anyone knows if it is possible to do?

It is possible, and it needs someone who can deal with low-level
details. Magma has its own mailing list. Chris has repeatedly said he'd
be willing to help out, but is not willing to be the Pharo port maintainer.

Stephan