Fwd: Announce IoT Lecture with Pharo at Can Tho University

1 message Options

Fwd: Announce IoT Lecture with Pharo at Can Tho University

Lecture title: Live Programming IoT devices with PharoThings

Where: College of Informatic and Technology, Can Tho University, Vietnam
When: from January 7th to 11th, 2019

Access to the lecture is free but you need to register:

Description of the lecture

Pharo is a new generation reflective language and programming environment.
In this lecture we will present Pharo: its elegant syntax fitting in a postcard, its pure object model.
We will show that we can create a full REST server in less than a page of code.

But Pharo is more than that. With Pharo you will interact with live objects. You will learn how to code in the debugger.  Finally this lecture is much more than Pharo.
We will revisit the fondation of object-oriented programming after this lecture you will never program the same in ANY object-oriented programming languages. Pharo will fundamentally changes your perception about what OOP is.

All the material of the lecture is also available as a MOOC followed by more than 9000 students worldwide.
http://mooc.pharo.org

PharoThings is a live programming platform for IoT (Internet of Things) projects based on Pharo. It includes development tools to lively program, explore and debug remote boards (Raspberry Pi).

https://github.com/pharo-iot/PharoThings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H9of7PQet0

You can get support with the pharo community on discord http://discord.gg/Sj2rhxn

Bio Stéphane Ducasse

I'm an Inria Research Director. I lead RMoD team http://rmod.lille.inria.fr. I'm expert in language design
and reengineering.  I worked on traits. Traits have been introduced in Pharo, Perl, PHP and under a variant into Scala and Fortress. I'm expert on software quality, program understanding, program visualisations, reengineering and metamodeling. I'm one of
the developer of Moose, an open-source software analysis platform http://www.moosetechnology.org/.
I created http://www.synectique.eu/ a company building dedicated tools for advanced software analyses.
I'm one of the leader of Pharo  http://www.pharo.org/ a dynamic reflective object-oriented language supporting live programming.
I wrote couple hundred articles and several books.
According to google my h-index is 53 for more than 12300 citations.
I like to work with people and help them growing.

Bio Allex Oliviera
Allex is an engineer at INRIA, France

Bio Serge Stinckwich

Serge was introduced to Smalltalk during his master in the ninetie and since then is a Smalltalk zealot. Serge is a computer scientist from Sorbonne University and IRD (Institut de Recherche pour le Développement). He his working on live domain-specific tools
and languages for the simulation of complex system based on Pharo.
He is currently living in Yaoundé, Cameroon.

--
Serge Stinckwic

Int. Research Unit
 on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
Sorbonne University
 (SU)
French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)
niversity of Yaoundé I, Cameroun
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas
FAX 03 59 57 78 50