Fwd: Bintray account for OpenSmalltalk has been rate-limited

Fwd: Bintray account for OpenSmalltalk has been rate-limited

fniephaus

Hi all,

Looks like our Bintray account has been rate-limited again, possibly
due to too many builds that pushed binaries to Bintray without
deleting older ones. This possibly can cause CI builds to fail (if
they fail to deploy to Bintray). I'm afraid I don't have much time to
look into this, but I will monitor and forward the communication with
Bintray support.

Best,
Fabio

Re: Fwd: Bintray account for OpenSmalltalk has been rate-limited

Levente Uzonyi

Why was Bintray chosen to store the builds?

Levente

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 at 9:08 pm, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Why was Bintray chosen to store the builds?

Simply because it is free for open source projects.

Fabio

Levente

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021, Fabio Niephaus wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Looks like our Bintray account has been rate-limited again, possibly
> due to too many builds that pushed binaries to Bintray without
> deleting older ones. This possibly can cause CI builds to fail (if
> they fail to deploy to Bintray). I'm afraid I don't have much time to
> look into this, but I will monitor and forward the communication with
> Bintray support.
>
> Best,
> Fabio

Re: Bintray account for OpenSmalltalk has been rate-limited

fniephaus

Here's an update from Bintray support:

Hi Fabio,

Thank you for reaching out to JFrog Support. With regards to your
query on getting rate-limited, We have unblocked your Bintray account
opensmalltalk and increased the storage quota to 13GB. Your current
storage is 10.28 GB/13 GB (80)%. However in future in order to avoid
this issue, we strongly recommend you to clear the unused files to
save the storage.

Please let us know if everything is working as expected after
unblocking the account.

Best regards,
JFrog Support

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 5:04 PM Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Looks like our Bintray account has been rate-limited again, possibly
> due to too many builds that pushed binaries to Bintray without
> deleting older ones. This possibly can cause CI builds to fail (if
> they fail to deploy to Bintray). I'm afraid I don't have much time to
> look into this, but I will monitor and forward the communication with
> Bintray support.
>
> Best,
> Fabio

Nicolas Cellier

Bah, too many successful builds these days ;)

Le lun. 25 janv. 2021 à 10:57, Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Here's an update from Bintray support:
>
> Hi Fabio,
>
> Thank you for reaching out to JFrog Support. With regards to your
> query on getting rate-limited, We have unblocked your Bintray account
> opensmalltalk and increased the storage quota to 13GB. Your current
> storage is 10.28 GB/13 GB (80)%. However in future in order to avoid
> this issue, we strongly recommend you to clear the unused files to
> save the storage.
>
> Please let us know if everything is working as expected after
> unblocking the account.
>
> Best regards,
> JFrog Support
>
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 5:04 PM Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Looks like our Bintray account has been rate-limited again, possibly
> > due to too many builds that pushed binaries to Bintray without
> > deleting older ones. This possibly can cause CI builds to fail (if
> > they fail to deploy to Bintray). I'm afraid I don't have much time to
> > look into this, but I will monitor and forward the communication with
> > Bintray support.
> >
> > Best,
> > Fabio

David T. Lewis

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 11:37:56AM +0100, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> Bah, too many successful builds these days ;)

And thank you very much for that "problem" :-)

Dave

> Le lun. 25 janv. 2021 ?? 10:57, Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> a ??crit :
> >

> > Here's an update from Bintray support:
> >
> > Hi Fabio,
> >
> > Thank you for reaching out to JFrog Support. With regards to your
> > query on getting rate-limited, We have unblocked your Bintray account
> > opensmalltalk and increased the storage quota to 13GB. Your current
> > storage is 10.28 GB/13 GB (80)%. However in future in order to avoid
> > this issue, we strongly recommend you to clear the unused files to
> > save the storage.
> >
> > Please let us know if everything is working as expected after
> > unblocking the account.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > JFrog Support
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 5:04 PM Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Looks like our Bintray account has been rate-limited again, possibly
> > > due to too many builds that pushed binaries to Bintray without
> > > deleting older ones. This possibly can cause CI builds to fail (if
> > > they fail to deploy to Bintray). I'm afraid I don't have much time to
> > > look into this, but I will monitor and forward the communication with
> > > Bintray support.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Fabio

Bintray is shutting down

fniephaus

Hi all,

Looks like we need to find a new way to host bleeding edge builds. Bintray will be shut down on May 1st, 2021:

Fabio

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 at 11:15 pm, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 11:37:56AM +0100, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> Bah, too many successful builds these days ;)

And thank you very much for that "problem" :-)

Dave

> Le lun. 25 janv. 2021 ?? 10:57, Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> a ??crit :
> >

> > Here's an update from Bintray support:
> >
> > Hi Fabio,
> >
> > Thank you for reaching out to JFrog Support. With regards to your
> > query on getting rate-limited, We have unblocked your Bintray account
> > opensmalltalk and increased the storage quota to 13GB. Your current
> > storage is 10.28 GB/13 GB (80)%. However in future in order to avoid
> > this issue, we strongly recommend you to clear the unused files to
> > save the storage.
> >
> > Please let us know if everything is working as expected after
> > unblocking the account.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > JFrog Support
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 5:04 PM Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Looks like our Bintray account has been rate-limited again, possibly
> > > due to too many builds that pushed binaries to Bintray without
> > > deleting older ones. This possibly can cause CI builds to fail (if
> > > they fail to deploy to Bintray). I'm afraid I don't have much time to
> > > look into this, but I will monitor and forward the communication with
> > > Bintray support.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Fabio

Re: Bintray is shutting down

Levente Uzonyi

Why not use files.squeak.org?

Levente

Re: Bintray is shutting down

marcel.taeumel

Why not use files.squeak.org?

+1

Best,
Marcel

Am 03.02.2021 23:42:48 schrieb Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]>:

Why not use files.squeak.org?

Levente

Re: Bintray is shutting down

Eliot Miranda-2

> On Feb 3, 2021, at 2:42 PM, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Why not use files.squeak.org?

Also +1.

I’d love to see two builds, the latest known good build that has passed all tests, and the latest build that compiled but might be broken.

I don’t see too much utility in saving literally hundreds of builds given they we can use git bisect to hunt for regressions.  That should keep the storage requirements in check, right?

We do of course still need to retain release VMs.

> Levente

Re: Bintray is shutting down

marcel.taeumel

I don’t see too much utility in saving literally hundreds of builds given they we can use git bisect to hunt for regressions. That should keep the storage requirements in check, right?

Hmm... we need some mechanism to pin a version that we want to test as a release candidate.

Best,
Marcel