Fwd: Bioinformatics Contest 2018

SergeStinckwich
There is a new code contest, this time about BioInformatics, but unfortunately the list of languages supported does not include Pharo ...

Re: Fwd: Bioinformatics Contest 2018

hernanmd
Hi Serge,

Thanks for sharing, didn't knew about the contest.
I saw the language list. Only mainstream or fashion languages were included.
I wrote a message to add Pharo Smalltalk to the list so let's see...

Cheers,

Hernán

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 2:25 PM, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Serge,

Thanks for sharing, didn't knew about the contest.
I saw the language list. Only mainstream or fashion languages were included.
I wrote a message to add Pharo Smalltalk to the list so let's see...

Thank you Hernan.
​Let's see !​

By the way, there are problems available on http://rosalind.info/problems/list-view/
if you want to use Pharo on BioInformatics problems.

Is this possible to rename the #adventofcode channel on Discord to #code-contests so be can use this channel
with all code contests ?

​Regards,​

--
Serge Stinckwich
UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC/UY1)
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Fwd: Bioinformatics Contest 2018

Ben Coman

On 24 January 2018 at 21:30, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 2:25 PM, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Serge,

Thanks for sharing, didn't knew about the contest.
I saw the language list. Only mainstream or fashion languages were included.
I wrote a message to add Pharo Smalltalk to the list so let's see...

Thank you Hernan.
​Let's see !​

By the way, there are problems available on http://rosalind.info/problems/list-view/
if you want to use Pharo on BioInformatics problems.

Is this possible to rename the #adventofcode channel on Discord to #code-contests so be can use this channel
with all code contests ?

Good idea. Its done.
Might be good to pin a link to a wiki page listing upcoming contests.

cheers -ben