Fwd: Building GST on Windows 7

Paolo Bonzini-2
 From Stefan Izota (Stefan, I added you to the whitelist):

> I see my messages does not reach into the GST mailing list. I also
> tried without the attachement because it exceeds the 100kb limit and
> it did not work.
>
> So I'm forwarding this to you if is anyone interested.
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I just wanted to share that I successfully build GST (latest git
>> snapshot) on Windows 7 (64-bit) using mingw and msys. I had some
>> problems generating the documentation, so I manually removed those
>>  targes from makefile. I attached a small screenshot.
>>
>> Best regards, Stefan Izota

gst.png (157K) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: Building GST on Windows 7

eMko
Hello,

I was able to build it on Win7 using both mingw and cygwin. But what was a problem - gtk. The GTK module was not build, so I was not able to use and make GUI applications. This is essential for me.

Were you more successful in this way?

eMko

Re: Fwd: Building GST on Windows 7

Mathieu Suen-2
Can you tell what was the issue?

        Mth

On Feb 23, 2011, at 7:07 PM, eMko wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was able to build it on Win7 using both mingw and cygwin. But what was a
> problem - gtk. The GTK module was not build, so I was not able to use and
> make GUI applications. This is essential for me.
>
> Were you more successful in this way?
>
> eMko

Re: Fwd: Building GST on Windows 7

eMko
I am sorry, I do not remember, it was half a year ago.