Fwd: Class browser with changing title.

Stéphane Ducasse

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Colin Putney <[hidden email]>
> Date: August 16, 2009 7:15:26 PM CEDT
> To: Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] Class browser with changing title.
>

> On 16-Aug-09, at 9:17 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Ah ok then the fix should be sent to omnibrowse mailing-list
>>
>> I do not know what is the process colin is following for enh
>> inclusion
>>
>> <ClassBrowserchange.1.cs>
>
> Hi Stéphane,
>
> Casual contributions like Henrik's should be posted to the OB
> mailing list. For larger contributions, I'll invite the developer to
> commit directly to my wiresong repository, with discussion on the
> mailing list.
>
> I'm a little puzzled by this change set, though. OB already updates
> the window title when the selection is changed... is this behavior
> broken on Pharo?
>
> Colin

Re: Fwd: Class browser with changing title.

Henrik Sperre Johansen

On Aug 16, 2009, at 7:22 00PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

>> From: Colin Putney <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Casual contributions like Henrik's should be posted to the OB
>> mailing list. For larger contributions, I'll invite the developer to
>> commit directly to my wiresong repository, with discussion on the
>> mailing list.
>>
>> I'm a little puzzled by this change set, though. OB already updates
>> the window title when the selection is changed... is this behavior
>> broken on Pharo?
>>
>> Colin

Hi Colin.
It wasn't my change, Javier Pimas made it.
I merely noticed it failed to load on "Pharo-Core", seeing as it was
OB-related.

Checking in latest Pharo-Dev with OB preloaded(09.08.1), the behaviour
is broken, at least the default browser (OBSystemBrowser) does not
update its labels.
The OBPackageBrowser, which used to be standard, did update its labels
back in May which is the last image with it I have laying around, but
that was dropped due to speed deficiencies I think.

Either way, I'd hope the label of a window is displayed in the style
of this changeset, rather than what the package browser uses (or at
least used to);
"ClassX-ProtocolY" rather than "OB Package Browser: ClassX"
This makes it much easier to distinguish the windows by their title if
you have multiple open, especially if you use the Polymorph taskbar.

Cheers,
Henry