Fwd: Closure update from eliot

Stéphane Ducasse

Begin forwarded message:

From: Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]>
Date: May 1, 2009 7:31:05 PM CEDT
Cc: Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] Closure update from eliot

I just used this in an updated Pharo0.1Core-10281cl.image

    PseudoContext becomeUncompact.
    LargeNegativeInteger becomeCompact.
    Smalltalk compactClassesArray at: 12 put: nil. "Stomp on the obsolete Translated whatsit"
    BlockClosure becomeCompact

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 9:29 AM, John M McIntosh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Also see

Eliot wants
#(CompiledMethod MethodProperties Array LargeNegativeInteger LargePositiveInteger Float MethodDictionary Association Point Rectangle ByteString BlockClosure BlockContext MethodContext nil Bitmap nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil)

so do

(Smalltalk compactClassesArray select: [:e | e notNil and: [e isObsolete]])
       do: [:i | i becomeUncompact].
PseudoContext becomeUncompact.
Smalltalk garbageCollect.
LargeNegativeInteger becomeCompact.
BlockClosure becomeCompact.

gives then

Smalltalk compactClassesArray inspect

{CompiledMethod . MethodProperties . Array . LargeNegativeInteger . LargePositiveInteger . Float . MethodDictionary . Association . Point . Rectangle . ByteString . BlockClosure . BlockContext . MethodContext . nil . Bitmap . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil}

Which my squinting eyeballs this morning seem to say it's the same...

A post check is

Smalltalk compactClassesArray doWithIndex:
       [:c :i | c == nil ifFalse:
               [c indexIfCompact = i ifFalse: [self halt]]]

On 1-May-09, at 3:10 AM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

Smalltalk compactClassesArray

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882

Re: Fwd: Closure update from eliot