Fwd:Dr.geo en Arabe

hilaire
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Fwd:Dr.geo en Arabe

Henrik Sperre Johansen
Disclaimer: I'm not familiar with arabic.
I think writing right-to-left does not work, so editing would probably not.
Also, letters containing multiple glyphs will probably fail to be
composited correctly.

The best bet is probably to load up a FT-type containing arabic glyphs
and see how far you can go from there.
(And report bugs along the way)

Cheers,
Henry

On 06.11.2010 14:47, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> hanks Ahmed!
>
> A request.
> Is it possible to have Arab language under Pharo?
>
> Hilaire

Re: Fwd:Dr.geo en Arabe

YossiDM
I've had problems with Hebrew fonts which should fall in the same problem space.

I just tried some true type ones and the glyphs don't show (same fonts work just fine in eclipse and visual studio). Maybe a bitmap version would work. In any case, it's hard enough getting right to left working in my experience. I don't believe it works particularly well in morphic and in the editors to be useful and you end up being reduced to cut and paste with strings (assuming you can get the string text to even display correctly).

I've fooled around with unicode and utf-8 without much luck, but perhaps someone more familiar with Pharo internals can come up with better internationalization solutions. Also keep in mind there are both specialized keyboards and ones that just map font glyphs based on querty, and also overlays. Most of this comes from the host OS of course - check it out on Mac OSX, lots of settings here, but nothing I've tried works with Pharo.

Re: Fwd:Dr.geo en Arabe