Fwd: ESUG 2009 Call for contributions

1 message Options

Fwd: ESUG 2009 Call for contributions

Janko Mivšek
From: stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>

17th International Smalltalk Joint Conference - Call for Contributions

                Brest, France
                August 31 - September 4, 2009
                http://www.esug.org/conferences/2009/

This call includes:
        Developer Forum
        International Workshop
http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2009/InternationalWorkshop
        Student Volunteer http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2009/Student+Volunteers
        Camp Smalltalk  29-30 august 2009

For the past 17 years, the European Smalltalk User Group (ESUG) has
organised the International Smalltalk Conference, a lively forum on
cutting edge software technologies that attract people from both
academia and industry for a whole week. The attendees are both
engineers using Smalltalk in business and students and teachers
using Smalltalk both for research and didactic purposes.

As every year, this year's edition of the largest European Smalltalk
event will include the regular Smalltalk developers conference with
renowned invited speakers, a Smalltalk camp that proves fruitful for
interactions and discussions. Besides, this year will be held the
5th edition of the Innovation Technology Awards where prizes will be
awarded to authors of best pieces of Smalltalk-related projects
and an international workshop on Smalltalk and dynamic languages
(http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2009/InternationalWorkshop
)

You can support the ESUG conference in many different ways:

* Sponsor the conference. New sponsoring packages are described at
        http://www.esug.org/supportesug/becomeasponsor/
* Submit a talk, a software or a paper to one of the events. See
below.
* Attend the conference. We'd like to beat the previous record of
attendance (170 people at Amsterdam 2008)!
* Students can get free registration and hosting if they enroll
into the the Student Volunteers program. See below.

The conference features the following events:

* Camp Smalltalk - There will be a Smalltalk camp the 29-30 august 2009
        * Developers Forum
        * Technology Forum
        * International Workshop

Developers Forum: International Smalltalk Developers Conference
This year we are looking for YOUR experience on using Smalltalk.
In addition, we are looking for tutorials. The
list of topics includes, but is not limited to the following:

* XP practices
* Development tools
* Experience reports
* Model driven development
* Web development
* Team management
* Meta-Modeling
* Security
* New libraries & frameworks
* Educational material
* Embedded systems and robotics
* SOA and Web services
* Interaction with other programming languages

Submissions due on 1st June 2009
Notification of acceptance on 15 of June 2009
More information at http://www.esug.org/conferences/2009

How to submit?
------------------
Pay attention: the places are limited so do not wait till the last
minute to apply. Prospective presenters should submit a request to
[hidden email]
following the template below. Please use this template since the
email will be automatically processed!

Subject: [ESUG 2009 Developers] + your name

First Name:

Last Name:

Email where you can always be reached:

Title:

Abstract:

Bio:

Any presentation not respecting this form will be discarded
automatically

International Workshop on Smalltalk Technologies
http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2009/InternationalWorkshop

Smalltalk is  considered as a design pearl and as a beacon in the
realm of programming languages and programming environments. We are
proud to invite submisssions to the  International Workshop on
Smalltalk Technologies which is held as part of the ESUG 2009 joint
event.  The goals of the workshop is to create a forum around advances
or experience in Smalltalk. We welcome contributions on all aspects,
theoretical as well as practical, of Smalltalk related topics such as

- aspect-oriented programming,
- meta-programming,
- frameworks,
- interaction with other languages,
- implementation,
- new dialects or languages implemented in Smalltalk,
- tools,
- meta-modeling,
- design patterns,
- experience reports

Format: 10-12 pages in lncs format. Detailed author instructions are
available at Springer web site:
http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-7-72376-0*
.

Important Dates:
- Submission: 15 of June 2009
- Feedback: 31 of June 2009

Technology Forum
We are proud to announce the 5th Innovation Technology Awards. The
top 3 teams with the most innovative software will receive,
respectively, 500 Euros, 300 Euros and 200 Euros during an awards
ceremony at the conference. Developers of any Smalltalk-based
software are welcome to compete.
More information at http://www.esug.org/conferences/2009

Student Volunteer Program
If you are a student wanting to attend ESUG, have you considered
being a student volunteer? Student volunteers help keep the
conference running smoothly; in return, they have free
accommodations, while still having most of the time to enjoy the
conference.
More information at
http://www.esug.org/conferences/2009
http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2009/Student+Volunteers

We hope to see you there and have fun together.

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija