Fwd: [Esug-list] Our Summer of Code application was rejected

Fwd: [Esug-list] Our Summer of Code application was rejected

Bert Freudenberg
Begin forwarded message:

> From: Paolo Bonzini <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Esug-list] Our Summer of Code application was rejected
> Date: 24. Februar 2014 13:31:21 GMT-8
>
> Hi all,
>
> unfortunately I have to bear bad news from Google; ESUG's application was rejected this year.
>
> I'll ask Google for more information about the rejection next Friday, and post them to both the mentors mailing list and the ESUG mailing list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paolo and Nicolas

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: [Esug-list] Our Summer of Code application was rejected

Steve Thomas
:(  Well the good news is SugarLabs was accepted.

I just posted my projects on their page: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2014

Cheers,
Stephen

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
Begin forwarded message:

> From: Paolo Bonzini <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Esug-list] Our Summer of Code application was rejected
> Date: 24. Februar 2014 13:31:21 GMT-8
>
> Hi all,
>
> unfortunately I have to bear bad news from Google; ESUG's application was rejected this year.
>
> I'll ask Google for more information about the rejection next Friday, and post them to both the mentors mailing list and the ESUG mailing list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paolo and Nicolas

To some of us, writing computer programs is a fascinating game. A program is a building of thought. It is costless to build, weightless, growing easily under our typing hands. If we get carried away, its size and complexity will grow out of control, confusing even the one who created it. This is the main problem of programming. It is why so much of today's software tends to crash, fail, screw up.

When a program works, it is beautiful. The art of programming is the skill of controlling complexity. The great program is subdued, made simple in its complexity.

- Martin Harverbeke (from Eloquent JavaScript)

Re: Fwd: [Esug-list] Our Summer of Code application was rejected

Harness, Kathleen
Steve,
Congratulations!
Kathleen

:(  Well the good news is SugarLabs was accepted.

I just posted my projects on their page: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2014

Cheers,
Stephen

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
Begin forwarded message:

> From: Paolo Bonzini <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Esug-list] Our Summer of Code application was rejected
> Date: 24. Februar 2014 13:31:21 GMT-8
>
> Hi all,
>
> unfortunately I have to bear bad news from Google; ESUG's application was rejected this year.
>
> I'll ask Google for more information about the rejection next Friday, and post them to both the mentors mailing list and the ESUG mailing list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paolo and Nicolas

To some of us, writing computer programs is a fascinating game. A program is a building of thought. It is costless to build, weightless, growing easily under our typing hands. If we get carried away, its size and complexity will grow out of control, confusing even the one who created it. This is the main problem of programming. It is why so much of today's software tends to crash, fail, screw up.

When a program works, it is beautiful. The art of programming is the skill of controlling complexity. The great program is subdued, made simple in its complexity.

- Martin Harverbeke (from Eloquent JavaScript)

Re: Fwd: [Esug-list] Our Summer of Code application was rejected

Steve Thomas
Thanks, but congratulations goes to Walter and the SugarLabs folks.  I just added my project suggestions after they got accepted.

Stephen

On Tuesday, February 25, 2014, Harness, Kathleen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Steve,
Congratulations!
Kathleen

:(  Well the good news is SugarLabs was accepted.

I just posted my projects on their page: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2014

Cheers,
Stephen

Begin forwarded message: