Fwd: FWD: [VM-Team] Suggested task list for VM-Team, summer 2009

1 message Options

Fwd: FWD: [VM-Team] Suggested task list for VM-Team, summer 2009

Stéphane Ducasse

Begin forwarded message:

From: Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]>
Date: July 20, 2009 11:41:23 PM CEDT
To: Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] FWD: [VM-Team] Suggested task list for VM-Team,  summer 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
do you know why alien is not listed?

Good question.  This also reminds me that I need to find time to make Alien callbacks work in the Stack VM, which they currently don't do.  Alien will be included in the Stack VM I put out; even if call-backs are broken everything else will work.

do you know if they plan more hash place for objects?

I do.  That is second on my list.  In a few weeks I hope to return to work on a better object representation which will have a larger hash field (e.g. 20 or 24 bits).  I want to have this finished before the end of the year.

I do not understand why FFI is important when I remember the comments of eliot on it.

I can't guarantee that my work will be timely.  So if there are problems with FFI that are getting in people's way waiting for a new FFI might not be the right thing to do.

Stef

On Jul 20, 2009, at 10:55 PM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

see

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2009-July/002853.html