Fwd: First try of Pharo

Torsten Bergmann
Andres wrote:
> Starting the image would give the error attached in the
> screenshot. I tried moving the image to be in the same folder as the
> VM with no luck.

The *.source file is missing. Download the file from [1] and
extract it where the VM is located.

You can also use the prepackaged Installer for Windows (containing
anything you need, so pharo shows up in the start menu) - see [2]
to download the setup.exe

Use this and tell us how it goes.
Take care: your files with the *.image extension are still associated
with the other VM that you installed.

Bye
Torsten

BTW: If you are afraid of the traffic on the mailinglist just subscribe
     but set option to not get emails. Then you can browse the archive
     to read but still post questions. See [3]

[1] http://pharo-project.org/download
[2] https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/22410/setup_pharo_0.0.0.3.exe
[3] http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2009-June/009617.html
--
GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate und Telefonanschluss

Re: Fwd: First try of Pharo

Stéphane Ducasse
tx

torsten could you come up with a little text that we could put on the
pharo-project web site
to explain to people how to get the news without been flooded by
emails :)?

Stef

> BTW: If you are afraid of the traffic on the mailinglist just
> subscribe
>     but set option to not get emails. Then you can browse the archive
>     to read but still post questions. See [3]
>

> [1] http://pharo-project.org/download
> [2] https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/22410/setup_pharo_0.0.0.3.exe
> [3] http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2009-June/009617.html
> --
> GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate und
> Telefonanschluss
> für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

Re: Fwd: First try of Pharo

Torsten Bergmann
Hi Andres, (CC-ing the list)

yes, some points:

 - the newest Pharo is AFAIK currently slow due to a bug introduced in
   one of the latest updates, Stephane tries to roll back (see
   http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2009-June/009729.html)

 - I think it would be better to package VM+sources+changes+image
   in one file per platform for the main download page in the future
   or provide a "one click" experience.
   There is already a one click install for Seaside based on
   pharo (see new on www.seaside.st) - so could be a "one click pharo"

 - the windows installer is releatively new and therefore not
   yet on the download page (we will change that)
   There is now a newer, see:
   http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2009-June/009656.html

Thanks for the feedback and tell us how the win32 Setup goes
as soon as you are ready.

Bye
Torsten

-------- Original-Nachricht --------