Fwd: GSOC 2016

1 message Options

Fwd: GSOC 2016

SergeStinckwich
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]>
Date: Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 2:02 PM
Subject: GSOC 2016
To: Any question about pharo is welcome <[hidden email]>

Dear pharoers,

this year Pharo consortium (and community) is going to take part in the
Google Summer of Code event[1] as a standalone organization. This is
an opportunity to promote Pharo, get some job done and have students
paid.

Currently we are at the most important stage as we are preparing the
organization application, and hoping that we will be accepted and
granted decent amount of project slots. Everyone can help with
application by submitting ideas for student projects.

I reuse the list of the last year :
https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-project-proposals/blob/master/Topics.st

It is in STON format, and result is being generated at: http://gsoc.pharo.org/

Please add (or update) your ideas following the format of existing projects and
open a pull request with them (you will need a github account).
Preferably submit ideas with possible mentors, but if none are
available at the moment ideas without mentors are also welcome.

The template to submit projects is :

PharoTopic new
title: 'The name of your project;
contact: 'email address';
supervisors: 'Supervisors names';
keywords: 'keywords separated by spaces;
context: 'a description of the context of the project';
goal: 'description of the goal';
level: 'Beginner or Intermediate or Advanced';
yourself.

We will need a lot of projects/idea before February 19th 2016, the
deadline for applying to GSOC 2016.

Do not hesitate to ask me questions.

If you don't know how to edit the list, please send your project description
following the template to me.

[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/

Regards,

--