Fwd: Https Url in Pharo 1.2

laurent laffont
Is it planed / possible to have SqueakSSL plugin in official VM shipped with Pharo ?

Laurent

Re: Fwd: Https Url in Pharo 1.2

Stéphane Ducasse

On Mar 6, 2011, at 8:39 AM, laurent laffont wrote:

> Is it planed / possible to have SqueakSSL plugin in official VM shipped with Pharo ?

What is the license? You know the last time we got trapped into the game "oh I did not decided yet" so never again.
What is the status?
Now we should clearly have a solution in the future.

Stef

> Laurent

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 06 Mar 2011, at 09:59, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> What is the status?
> Now we should clearly have a solution in the future.

I tried it before and I got it working on Pharo/Cog/MacOSX a little bit, but it wasn't a 'it just works' experience.
I also looked at the plugin's C code and noticed that it wasn't complete on Mac OS X and not even on Linux.
The interaction between the plugin and the Smalltalk code and especially the integration with SocketStream was not very encouraging.

Sven

Re: Fwd: Https Url in Pharo 1.2

Stéphane Ducasse
thanks for the information.