Fwd: Magritte = Auto-GT Presentation

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Hey guys, I asked this on Pharo Dev, but this is probably the right place :)

Tudor Girba-2 wrote
The editor should be provided if you load the Glamour-Presentations-Magritte.
You get a GLMMagrittePresentation and if you want to use it in the
inspector, you have to define your own extension that uses it.
I'm sorry, I'm still not understanding... I only know how to hook into the inspector via <gtInspectorPresentationOrder: aNumber>. How does that relate to GLMMagrittePresentation? How specifically do I have a Magritte presentation appear by default in GT for an object? Is there an example or doc somewhere?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Fwd: Magritte = Auto-GT Presentation

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
The editor should be provided if you load the Glamour-Presentations-Magritte.
You get a GLMMagrittePresentation and if you want to use it in the
inspector, you have to define your own extension that uses it.
I'm sorry, I'm still not understanding... I only know how to hook into the inspector via <gtInspectorPresentationOrder: aNumber>. How does that relate to GLMMagrittePresentation? How specifically do I have a Magritte presentation appear by default in GT for an object? Is there an example or doc somewhere?
Bump. Did this message go through? I've asked a few times on Pharo Dev and here...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Fwd: Magritte = Auto-GT Presentation

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Sean,

Sorry for the slow response.

In the latest Moose, ConfigurationOfGlamour now loads again Magritte and the associated presentation, and provides an example of how to embed it in the inspector.

If you inspect:

GLMMagrittePersonExample new
  name: 'William Shakespeare';
  address: 'Stratford-upon-Avon'

you get:
Inline image 1

This is achieved through a method like this:

gtInspectorMagritteIn: composite
    <gtInspectorPresentationOrder: 40>
    composite magritte
        title: 'Form';
        display: [ self ]

See here a more thorough description:

Cheers,
Doru

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 5:47 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sean P. DeNigris wrote

> Tudor Girba-2 wrote
>> The editor should be provided if you load the
>> Glamour-Presentations-Magritte.
>> You get a GLMMagrittePresentation and if you want to use it in the
>> inspector, you have to define your own extension that uses it.
> I'm sorry, I'm still not understanding... I only know how to hook into the
> inspector via
> <gtInspectorPresentationOrder: aNumber>
> . How does that relate to GLMMagrittePresentation? How specifically do I
> have a Magritte presentation appear by default in GT for an object? Is
> there an example or doc somewhere?

Bump. Did this message go through? I've asked a few times on Pharo Dev and
here...

-----
Cheers,
Sean

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Fwd: Magritte = Auto-GT Presentation

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
Sorry for the slow response.
gtInspectorMagritteIn: composite
    <gtInspectorPresentationOrder: 40>
    composite magritte
        title: 'Form';
        display: [ self ]
Bravo! Well done! This is *so* useful. Thank you and keep it up :) You just saved me time, and more importantly a context switch in a project with a very tight deadline. There is definitely a beer (or several) in your future ;)
Cheers,
Sean