Fwd: Mist Project, VM-less Smalltalk

1 message Options

Fwd: Mist Project, VM-less Smalltalk

Andres Valloud-5
FYI...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Martin McClure <[hidden email]>
Date: Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Subject: Mist Project, VM-less Smalltalk

You've heard me talk about the Mist project, a Smalltalk written
entirely within Smalltalk with no C code and no VM. For the past few
years I've been thinking about it and writing a bit of code here and
there, but only talking to a very limited number of people about it.

However, a couple of weeks ago at the ESUG conference, I want public
with Mist, put the code on Github, and a small community has been
building. If you're interested in following the project (or, even
contributing) there's a mailing list at

The code and issues are at

   https://github.com/martinmcclure/mist

There have been regular commits there for three weeks now, and I'm
hoping to keep the momentum up. I'm also preparing a talk on Mist for
the Smalltalks conference in November, and will be putting some of
that material about goals and design online at the
(not-yet-operational) mist-project.org website.

Regards,

-Martin

http://www.clubSmalltalk.org