Fwd: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7

Stéphane Ducasse
Alex this is strange because the log mention mondrian configuration file.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Hani Abdeen <[hidden email]>
Subject: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7
Date: December 4, 2011 8:52:57 PM GMT+01:00
To: Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>

Hi Stef,

I started reading "Pharo by Example" and "Moose book" and familiarizing myself with the new implementation of Moose.
I use Pharo 1.3 release on Windows 7.
Now, each time I open a clean image of Pharo and try to load the default configuration of Moose, using the code below, I get an error or the VM crashes!

------
Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfMagma';
        load.

    ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMagma) project latestVersion) load
------

The error Stack and the crash dmp file are herewith attached for more information.

I thought that before all I should ask you if I have to use another release of Pharo or if I have to load Moose differently...

Thanks in advance,
Hani

--

Dr. Hani Abdeen
Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe

ErrorDuringLoadingMooseConfigurationDefault-Pharo1.3.txt (59K) Download Attachment
crash.dmp (39K) Download Attachment

Re: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I do not understand. Are you loading Moose or Magma? Or trying to load Magma in a Moose image?

Doru

On 4 Dec 2011, at 21:05, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Alex this is strange because the log mention mondrian configuration file.
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Hani Abdeen <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7
>> Date: December 4, 2011 8:52:57 PM GMT+01:00
>> To: Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi Stef,
>>
>> I started reading "Pharo by Example" and "Moose book" and familiarizing myself with the new implementation of Moose.
>> I use Pharo 1.3 release on Windows 7.
>> Now, each time I open a clean image of Pharo and try to load the default configuration of Moose, using the code below, I get an error or the VM crashes!
>>
>> ------
>> Gofer new
>>         squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>>         package: 'ConfigurationOfMagma';
>>         load.
>>
>>     ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMagma) project latestVersion) load
>> ------
>>
>> The error Stack and the crash dmp file are herewith attached for more information.
>>
>> I thought that before all I should ask you if I have to use another release of Pharo or if I have to load Moose differently...
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Hani
>>

>> --
>>
>> Dr. Hani Abdeen
>> Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe
>>

> <ErrorDuringLoadingMooseConfigurationDefault-Pharo1.3.txt>
> <crash.dmp>

www.tudorgirba.com

"What we can governs what we wish."

Re: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7

abergel
According to the trace, Version 2.49 of Mondrian is loaded, which is really old.

> I do not understand. Are you loading Moose or Magma? Or trying to load Magma in a Moose
> image?

+1

Alexandre

> On 4 Dec 2011, at 21:05, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Alex this is strange because the log mention mondrian configuration file.
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: Hani Abdeen <[hidden email]>
>>> Subject: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7
>>> Date: December 4, 2011 8:52:57 PM GMT+01:00
>>> To: Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Hi Stef,
>>>
>>> I started reading "Pharo by Example" and "Moose book" and familiarizing myself with the new implementation of Moose.
>>> I use Pharo 1.3 release on Windows 7.
>>> Now, each time I open a clean image of Pharo and try to load the default configuration of Moose, using the code below, I get an error or the VM crashes!
>>>
>>> ------
>>> Gofer new
>>>        squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>>>        package: 'ConfigurationOfMagma';
>>>        load.
>>>
>>>    ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMagma) project latestVersion) load
>>> ------
>>>
>>> The error Stack and the crash dmp file are herewith attached for more information.
>>>
>>> I thought that before all I should ask you if I have to use another release of Pharo or if I have to load Moose differently...
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Hani
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Dr. Hani Abdeen
>>> Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe
>>>

>> <ErrorDuringLoadingMooseConfigurationDefault-Pharo1.3.txt>
>> <crash.dmp>

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "What we can governs what we wish."

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7

Hani Abdeen

Oops, I past a wrong code above. I try to load the default configuration of Moose not Magma:

---
Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'Moose';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
    load.

    (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMoose) perform: #loadDefault.
----

Attached the log and crash dmp files.

Thanks,
Hani

On 4 December 2011 21:16, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I do not understand. Are you loading Moose or Magma? Or trying to load Magma in a Moose image?

Doru

On 4 Dec 2011, at 21:05, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Alex this is strange because the log mention mondrian configuration file.
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Hani Abdeen <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7
>> Date: December 4, 2011 8:52:57 PM GMT+01:00
>> To: Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi Stef,
>>
>> I started reading "Pharo by Example" and "Moose book" and familiarizing myself with the new implementation of Moose.
>> I use Pharo 1.3 release on Windows 7.
>> Now, each time I open a clean image of Pharo and try to load the default configuration of Moose, using the code below, I get an error or the VM crashes!
>>
>> ------
>> Gofer new
>>         squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>>         package: 'ConfigurationOfMagma';
>>         load.
>>
>>     ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMagma) project latestVersion) load
>> ------
>>
>> The error Stack and the crash dmp file are herewith attached for more information.
>>
>> I thought that before all I should ask you if I have to use another release of Pharo or if I have to load Moose differently...
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Hani
>>

>> --
>>
>> Dr. Hani Abdeen
>> Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe
>>

> <ErrorDuringLoadingMooseConfigurationDefault-Pharo1.3.txt>
> <crash.dmp>

www.tudorgirba.com

"What we can governs what we wish."

Dr. Hani Abdeen
Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe

ErrorDuringLoadingMooseConfigurationDefault-Pharo1.3.txt (74K) Download Attachment
crash.dmp (41K) Download Attachment

Re: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Hani,

Something is strange. The continuous integration server is using this script every day without problems. It's true that it is on Linux, but that should not make much of a difference.

Could you provide us with the exact things you are doing (exact links, code and step orders)?

Cheers,
Doru

On 4 Dec 2011, at 21:23, Hani Abdeen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Oops, I past a wrong code above. I try to load the default configuration of Moose not Magma:
>
> ---
> Gofer new
>         squeaksource: 'Moose';
>         package: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
>     load.
>
>     (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMoose) perform: #loadDefault.
> ----
>
> Attached the log and crash dmp files.
>
> Thanks,
> Hani
>
> On 4 December 2011 21:16, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do not understand. Are you loading Moose or Magma? Or trying to load Magma in a Moose image?
>
> Doru
>

> On 4 Dec 2011, at 21:05, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
> > Alex this is strange because the log mention mondrian configuration file.
> >
> > Begin forwarded message:
> >
> >> From: Hani Abdeen <[hidden email]>
> >> Subject: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7
> >> Date: December 4, 2011 8:52:57 PM GMT+01:00
> >> To: Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> >>
> >> Hi Stef,
> >>
> >> I started reading "Pharo by Example" and "Moose book" and familiarizing myself with the new implementation of Moose.
> >> I use Pharo 1.3 release on Windows 7.
> >> Now, each time I open a clean image of Pharo and try to load the default configuration of Moose, using the code below, I get an error or the VM crashes!
> >>
> >> ------
> >> Gofer new
> >>         squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
> >>         package: 'ConfigurationOfMagma';
> >>         load.
> >>
> >>     ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMagma) project latestVersion) load
> >> ------
> >>
> >> The error Stack and the crash dmp file are herewith attached for more information.
> >>
> >> I thought that before all I should ask you if I have to use another release of Pharo or if I have to load Moose differently...
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >> Hani
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> Dr. Hani Abdeen
> >> Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe
> >>

> > <ErrorDuringLoadingMooseConfigurationDefault-Pharo1.3.txt>
> > <crash.dmp>

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "What we can governs what we wish."

> Dr. Hani Abdeen
> Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe
>

> <ErrorDuringLoadingMooseConfigurationDefault-Pharo1.3.txt><crash.dmp>_______________________________________________

www.tudorgirba.com

"We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."

Re: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7

abergel
Strange that it fails since this is what Jenkins does. I will try to reproduce it on my machine.

Alexandre

On 4 Dec 2011, at 17:23, Hani Abdeen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Oops, I past a wrong code above. I try to load the default configuration of Moose not Magma:
>
> ---
> Gofer new
>         squeaksource: 'Moose';
>         package: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
>     load.
>
>     (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMoose) perform: #loadDefault.
> ----
>
> Attached the log and crash dmp files.
>
> Thanks,
> Hani
>
> On 4 December 2011 21:16, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do not understand. Are you loading Moose or Magma? Or trying to load Magma in a Moose image?
>
> Doru
>

> On 4 Dec 2011, at 21:05, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
> > Alex this is strange because the log mention mondrian configuration file.
> >
> > Begin forwarded message:
> >
> >> From: Hani Abdeen <[hidden email]>
> >> Subject: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7
> >> Date: December 4, 2011 8:52:57 PM GMT+01:00
> >> To: Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> >>
> >> Hi Stef,
> >>
> >> I started reading "Pharo by Example" and "Moose book" and familiarizing myself with the new implementation of Moose.
> >> I use Pharo 1.3 release on Windows 7.
> >> Now, each time I open a clean image of Pharo and try to load the default configuration of Moose, using the code below, I get an error or the VM crashes!
> >>
> >> ------
> >> Gofer new
> >>         squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
> >>         package: 'ConfigurationOfMagma';
> >>         load.
> >>
> >>     ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMagma) project latestVersion) load
> >> ------
> >>
> >> The error Stack and the crash dmp file are herewith attached for more information.
> >>
> >> I thought that before all I should ask you if I have to use another release of Pharo or if I have to load Moose differently...
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >> Hani
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> Dr. Hani Abdeen
> >> Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe
> >>

> > <ErrorDuringLoadingMooseConfigurationDefault-Pharo1.3.txt>
> > <crash.dmp>

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "What we can governs what we wish."

> Dr. Hani Abdeen
> Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe
>

> <ErrorDuringLoadingMooseConfigurationDefault-Pharo1.3.txt><crash.dmp>_______________________________________________

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7

Hani Abdeen

Yes it's Strange, since me too did that several days ago and moose was loaded, but when I was playing with Moose the VM crashed. I thought that was a simple accident.
So what I did many many times is the following:
- unzip the Pharo-1.3-13315-OneClick.zip
- execute pharo.exe
- do "DEVImageWorkspaces openExternalProjectWorkspace."
- then do:
Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'Moose';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfMoose';
    load.

    (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMoose) perform: #loadDefault.

When I found that there is nothing to do and I have always this crash or an error I thought that I should ask about it.

Thanks,
Hani

On 4 December 2011 21:27, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> >> Thanks in advance,
> >> Hani
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> Dr. Hani Abdeen
> >> Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe
> >>

> > <ErrorDuringLoadingMooseConfigurationDefault-Pharo1.3.txt>
> > <crash.dmp>

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "What we can governs what we wish."

> Dr. Hani Abdeen
> Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe
>

> <ErrorDuringLoadingMooseConfigurationDefault-Pharo1.3.txt><crash.dmp>_______________________________________________

www.tudorgirba.com

"We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."

Dr. Hani Abdeen
Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe

Interesting.
I am able to reproduce the problem, even with XP. The VM indeed crashes.
At the same time, I run it on Mac, and it works well.

Hani, just download the last OneClick Image. Many students of mine are using it on a windows without any problem.

Cheers,
Alexandre

NB: I use VirtualBox to run Windows on my Mac, this is really cool. The installation is a bit tricky however.

On 4 Dec 2011, at 17:43, Hani Abdeen wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > Begin forwarded message:

> > > <ErrorDuringLoadingMooseConfigurationDefault-Pharo1.3.txt>
> > > <crash.dmp>

> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "What we can governs what we wish."

> > --
> >
> > Dr. Hani Abdeen
> > Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe
> >

> > <ErrorDuringLoadingMooseConfigurationDefault-Pharo1.3.txt><crash.dmp>_______________________________________________
> > [hidden email]
> > https://www.iam.unibe.ch/mailman/listinfo/moose-dev
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
> But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."

> Dr. Hani Abdeen
> Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe

Thanks Alex

On 4 December 2011 22:07, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Interesting.
I am able to reproduce the problem, even with XP. The VM indeed crashes.
At the same time, I run it on Mac, and it works well.

Hani, just download the last OneClick Image. Many students of mine are using it on a windows without any problem.

I thought that Pharo-1.3-13315-OneClick.zip is the last stable OneClick release.
There is also Pharo-1.4.zip but it's annotated as unstable on Pharo-Project website. I'll try it.

Cheers,
Alexandre

NB: I use VirtualBox to run Windows on my Mac, this is really cool. The installation is a bit tricky however.

Yes I agree, it's great to have a strong mac and run Windows on Mac.

Cheers,
Hani

On 4 Dec 2011, at 22:31, Hani Abdeen wrote:

> Thanks Alex
>
> On 4 December 2011 22:07, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Interesting.
> I am able to reproduce the problem, even with XP. The VM indeed crashes.
> At the same time, I run it on Mac, and it works well.
>
> Hani, just download the last OneClick Image. Many students of mine are using it on a windows without any problem.
>
> I thought that Pharo-1.3-13315-OneClick.zip is the last stable OneClick release.
> There is also Pharo-1.4.zip but it's annotated as unstable on Pharo-Project website. I'll try it.

Alex meant that you could use the premade Moose OneClick image:
http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose_suite-4_6_dev.zip

Another thing you can try is to use another VM instead of the one from the pharo oneclick. For example, try:
http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2519/cogwin.zip

So, try redoing the experiment and run the Pharo image with the newly downloaded VM and let us know if it is better.

Cheers,
Doru

> [...]
> > > www.tudorgirba.com
> > >
> > > "What we can governs what we wish."

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dr. Hani Abdeen
> > > Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe
> > >

> > > <ErrorDuringLoadingMooseConfigurationDefault-Pharo1.3.txt><crash.dmp>_______________________________________________
> > > [hidden email]
> > > https://www.iam.unibe.ch/mailman/listinfo/moose-dev
> >
> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
> > But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."

> > --
> >
> > Dr. Hani Abdeen
> > Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe

> Dr. Hani Abdeen
> Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe

"Every thing should have the right to be different."

Re: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7

Hani Abdeen
Hi Doru,

Thanks for the information.
Ok, the Croquet VM (http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2519/cogwin.zip) does not crash while loading Moose on Pharo image but I still get errors when trying to load moose configuration. See the attached logs for more information.

The premade Moose images on Moose website work well :)

Cheers,
Hani

On 4 December 2011 22:51, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> > > <ErrorDuringLoadingMooseConfigurationDefault-Pharo1.3.txt><crash.dmp>_______________________________________________
> > > [hidden email]
> > > https://www.iam.unibe.ch/mailman/listinfo/moose-dev
> >
> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
> > But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."

> > --
> >
> > Dr. Hani Abdeen
> > Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe

> Dr. Hani Abdeen
> Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing should have the right to be different."

Dr. Hani Abdeen
Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe

ErrorDuringLoadingMooseOnPharo1.3Image-CroquetVM.txt (58K) Download Attachment
ErrorDuringLoadingMooseOnPharo1.4Image-CroquetVM.txt (40K) Download Attachment

Re: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7

Mariano Martinez Peck
Weird. I have just tried in my machine and it works. Maybe squeaksource was down?
Cheers

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Hani Abdeen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> > > <ErrorDuringLoadingMooseConfigurationDefault-Pharo1.3.txt><crash.dmp>_______________________________________________
> > > [hidden email]
> > > https://www.iam.unibe.ch/mailman/listinfo/moose-dev
> >
> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
> > But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."

> > --
> >
> > Dr. Hani Abdeen
> > Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe

> Dr. Hani Abdeen
> Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing should have the right to be different."

Dr. Hani Abdeen
Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7

Tudor Girba-2
Thanks, Mariano.

Indeed, most likely the issue with the last email was a squeaksource problem.

Hani, could you retry?

Cheers,
Doru

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Weird. I have just tried in my machine and it works. Maybe squeaksource was
> down?
> Cheers
>

> On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Hani Abdeen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Doru,
>>
>> Thanks for the information.
>> Ok, the Croquet VM
>> (http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2519/cogwin.zip) does not
>> crash while loading Moose on Pharo image but I still get errors when trying
>> to load moose configuration. See the attached logs for more information.
>>
>> The premade Moose images on Moose website work well :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Hani
>>

>> On 4 December 2011 22:51, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Alex meant that you could use the premade Moose OneClick image:
>>>
>>> http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose_suite-4_6_dev.zip
>>>
>>> Another thing you can try is to use another VM instead of the one from
>>> the pharo oneclick. For example, try:
>>> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2519/cogwin.zip
>>>
>>> So, try redoing the experiment and run the Pharo image with the newly
>>> downloaded VM and let us know if it is better.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Every thing should have the right to be different."

>> --
>>
>> Dr. Hani Abdeen
>> Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe

> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7

abergel
Yesterday I was able to install it on OSX but not on WindowsXP, and at the same time.

Alexandre

On 5 Dec 2011, at 06:57, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Thanks, Mariano.
>
> Indeed, most likely the issue with the last email was a squeaksource problem.
>
> Hani, could you retry?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Weird. I have just tried in my machine and it works. Maybe squeaksource was
>> down?
>> Cheers
>>

>> On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Hani Abdeen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Doru,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the information.
>>> Ok, the Croquet VM
>>> (http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2519/cogwin.zip) does not
>>> crash while loading Moose on Pharo image but I still get errors when trying
>>> to load moose configuration. See the attached logs for more information.
>>>
>>> The premade Moose images on Moose website work well :)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Hani

>>> --
>>>
>>> Dr. Hani Abdeen
>>> Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe

>> --
>> Mariano
>> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7

Tudor Girba-2
Alex,

Hani performed two experiments. One with the default VM shipped with
the Pharo OneClick, and one with the latest VM from Eliot.

When using the VM from Eliot, he only got an error that seemed to be
related to not finding something in squeaksource. That is why we
concluded that it might have been related to squeaksource.

Doru

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Alexandre Bergel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yesterday I was able to install it on OSX but not on WindowsXP, and at the same time.
>
> Alexandre
>

> On 5 Dec 2011, at 06:57, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Mariano.
>>
>> Indeed, most likely the issue with the last email was a squeaksource problem.
>>
>> Hani, could you retry?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Weird. I have just tried in my machine and it works. Maybe squeaksource was
>>> down?
>>> Cheers

>>> --
>>> Mariano
>>> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every thing has its own flow"

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7

abergel
Oh ok. I missed it indeed

Alexandre

On 5 Dec 2011, at 08:35, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Alex,
>
> Hani performed two experiments. One with the default VM shipped with
> the Pharo OneClick, and one with the latest VM from Eliot.
>
> When using the VM from Eliot, he only got an error that seemed to be
> related to not finding something in squeaksource. That is why we
> concluded that it might have been related to squeaksource.
>
> Doru
>
> On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Alexandre Bergel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Yesterday I was able to install it on OSX but not on WindowsXP, and at the same time.
>>
>> Alexandre
>>

>> On 5 Dec 2011, at 06:57, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, Mariano.
>>>
>>> Indeed, most likely the issue with the last email was a squeaksource problem.
>>>
>>> Hani, could you retry?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Every thing has its own flow"

>> --
>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7

let us (pharo) know the problems because this is really strange.

Stef

On Dec 5, 2011, at 12:35 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Alex,
>
> Hani performed two experiments. One with the default VM shipped with
> the Pharo OneClick, and one with the latest VM from Eliot.
>
> When using the VM from Eliot, he only got an error that seemed to be
> related to not finding something in squeaksource. That is why we
> concluded that it might have been related to squeaksource.
>
> Doru
>
> On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Alexandre Bergel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Yesterday I was able to install it on OSX but not on WindowsXP, and at the same time.
>>
>> Alexandre
>>

>> On 5 Dec 2011, at 06:57, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, Mariano.
>>>
>>> Indeed, most likely the issue with the last email was a squeaksource problem.
>>>
>>> Hani, could you retry?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Every thing has its own flow"

>> --
>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7

Hani Abdeen
Ok, this is quit strange.
I just loaded Moose default configuration using Croquet VM. No problem with that!!
On the other hand, the Pharo VM 1.3 crashes each time I try to load the default configuration of Moose. The crash.dmp file is enclosed herewith.

Cheers,
Hani

On 5 December 2011 13:10, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
let us (pharo) know the problems because this is really strange.

Stef

On Dec 5, 2011, at 12:35 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Alex,
>
> Hani performed two experiments. One with the default VM shipped with
> the Pharo OneClick, and one with the latest VM from Eliot.
>
> When using the VM from Eliot, he only got an error that seemed to be
> related to not finding something in squeaksource. That is why we
> concluded that it might have been related to squeaksource.
>
> Doru
>
> On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Alexandre Bergel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Yesterday I was able to install it on OSX but not on WindowsXP, and at the same time.
>>
>> Alexandre
>>

>> On 5 Dec 2011, at 06:57, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, Mariano.
>>>
>>> Indeed, most likely the issue with the last email was a squeaksource problem.
>>>
>>> Hani, could you retry?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Every thing has its own flow"

>> --
>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

Dr. Hani Abdeen
Phd. in Software Engineering - RMod, INRIA Lille-Nord Europe

crash.dmp (41K) Download Attachment

Re: Pharo + Moose on Windows 7

Stéphane Ducasse
probably a fix at the vm level.