Fwd: Pharo application icon

Johannes Rasche
thank you all,

I did it,

the effect was: it showed some general Apple drawing icon
after reboot as well

but then I did, what is suitable for replacing folders icons:
  • show information (of Pharo on-click)
  • select the icon top left
  • and replace it using cmd-v
  • by an own icon copied directly from a preview of an icns file

BTW Stéphane:
what do you mean by "add to the book"

Johannes

Am 22.07.2010 um 09:55 schrieb Stéphane Ducasse:

5) add to the book :)

On Jul 22, 2010, at 9:48 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Geert Claes <[hidden email]> wrote:

My guess is that the icon is the VM icon+

I think that yes. In Mac OS, what you have to do is:

1) Go to your vm  (for example Squeak 4.2.2beta1U.app), and copy it (backup) with another name in case you don't like the icons
2) Go to the original VM ->  right button -> Show package content
3) Check in the directory /Contents/Resources/ and you will notice all the icons that are used for spicifics files: the .image, .changes, etc. You can select your owns, put exactly the same file name and override them.
4) A reboot may help to see all the changes

Cheers

Mariano

Re: Fwd: Pharo application icon

SergeStinckwich
2010/7/22 Johannes Rasche <[hidden email]>:

> thank you all,
> I did it,
> the effect was: it showed some general Apple drawing icon
> after reboot as well
> but then I did, what is suitable for replacing folders icons:
>
> show information (of Pharo on-click)
> select the icon top left
> and replace it using cmd-v
> by an own icon copied directly from a preview of an icns file
>
> BTW Stéphane:
> what do you mean by "add to the book"

It mean that you could add this information into the collaboractive
Pharo book : http://book.pharo-project.org/

--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk

Re: Fwd: Pharo application icon

Mariano Martinez Peck

2010/7/22 Johannes Rasche <[hidden email]>
thank you all,

I did it,

the effect was: it showed some general Apple drawing icon
after reboot as well

but then I did, what is suitable for replacing folders icons:
  • show information (of Pharo on-click)
  • select the icon top left
  • and replace it using cmd-v
  • by an own icon copied directly from a preview of an icns file

BTW Stéphane:
what do you mean by "add to the book"

To write a little section if the Pharo collaborative book.
http://book.pharo-project.org/

 If you want a user/password let me know and I create it for you.
You are welcome to write :)

Maybe we can put in the how-to section:
http://book.pharo-project.org/book/TipsAndTricks/

Cheers