Fwd: [Pharo-project] Keymapping & OB conflict (was Re: Chasing Browsers)

Fwd: [Pharo-project] Keymapping & OB conflict (was Re: Chasing Browsers)

Stéphane Ducasse
So guys

will you maintain petitparser? or Moose will stay in 1.3?

Stef

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] Keymapping & OB conflict (was Re: Chasing Browsers)
> Date: December 11, 2011 12:33:48 PM GMT+01:00
> To: [hidden email]
>
>> - then that OB can be loaded on top of Pharo. Remember we are not against OB we just do not have
>>   the knowledge to maintain it. So if lukas gets OB working for 1.4 beta then we will probably include in Pharo.
>>   Now if OB is working for 1.4 only three months after 1.4 is released then we will not include it.
>
> Yes please, do not wait for me.
>
> Just to repeat myself: With Pharo 1.4 having uncountable changes in
> core parts of the system and with the system including more and more
> forked and increasingly incompatible versions of packages (AST, RB,
> FS, Shout, Regex, ...) I am unwilling to go through the same pain as
> with Pharo 1.3 again. In the current state, I don't see any of the
> code I am involved with (including Seaside, Magritte, Pier, OB,
> PetitParser, ...) to move forward. I suspect that moving to another
> development platform soon causes less pain than to move to adopt the
> next Pharo :-(
>
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Pharo-project] Keymapping & OB conflict (was Re: Chasing Browsers)

Tudor Girba-2
Moose will not stay in 1.3 :).

But, let's relax a bit. I just loaded PetitParser in 1.4 and it works out of the box :).

Cheers,
Doru

On 11 Dec 2011, at 14:59, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> So guys
>
> will you maintain petitparser? or Moose will stay in 1.3?
>
> Stef
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] Keymapping & OB conflict (was Re: Chasing Browsers)
>> Date: December 11, 2011 12:33:48 PM GMT+01:00
>> To: [hidden email]
>>
>>> - then that OB can be loaded on top of Pharo. Remember we are not against OB we just do not have
>>>  the knowledge to maintain it. So if lukas gets OB working for 1.4 beta then we will probably include in Pharo.
>>>  Now if OB is working for 1.4 only three months after 1.4 is released then we will not include it.
>>
>> Yes please, do not wait for me.
>>
>> Just to repeat myself: With Pharo 1.4 having uncountable changes in
>> core parts of the system and with the system including more and more
>> forked and increasingly incompatible versions of packages (AST, RB,
>> FS, Shout, Regex, ...) I am unwilling to go through the same pain as
>> with Pharo 1.3 again. In the current state, I don't see any of the
>> code I am involved with (including Seaside, Magritte, Pier, OB,
>> PetitParser, ...) to move forward. I suspect that moving to another
>> development platform soon causes less pain than to move to adopt the
>> next Pharo :-(
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

www.tudorgirba.com

Things happen when they happen,
not when you talk about them happening.

On Dec 11, 2011, at 3:32 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Moose will not stay in 1.3 :).
>
> But, let's relax a bit. I just loaded PetitParser in 1.4 and it works out of the box :).

:)
So may be all the rest is also working…. who knows :)