We were discussing about this in the Pharo mailing list but the idea
is for all Smalltalkers. I am not sure if this will work, but it is
worth to try it as I don't have anything to loose.
We were thinking to have a place, an environment and hopefully a
community, where we can freely discuss about Smalltalk papers or OO in
general. All smalltalkers of all flavors can join, discuss, tell their
experiences and thoughts, share and learn.
The main purpose about that list is:
- be able to FREELY discuss about papers about Smalltalk or OO in
general. I say freely because maybe someone gives an opinion of a
paper that the person who wrote it is also in this place. We are all
professional and I think we can discuss with respect.
- Don't reinvent the wheel. Maybe I wanted to do something and I read
that XXX person did YYY. So, I can look at it.
- Be aware of what other people is doing, working, writing and learning.
- Have different opinions of a certain topic / paper.
- A little step to join all the Smalltalk community in one place. We
can meet people, join forces, etc.
- Help in the preparation, ANN, collaborate, etc in Workshops,
conferences, and so on.
- Ask for help on review. Several times someone has several papers to
review for a certain conference. This can be a place to ask for that
- Publish papers that were rejected from someone. How many times some
papers where rejected but do you still read it and find it useful ?
- Educate people and being educated.
- Share latex template, commands, or tricks related to smalltalk code
- Discuss about research in general.
- Ask for a certain topic. Suppose I want to start to work in XXX
topic, I can ask to see if someone knows related papers or work.
Now, please what I would appreciate is if you can help me to you
distribute (I am not in Gemstone, Cincom or GNU for example) this ANN.
It would be cool to create a community. I know there are a lot of
Smalltalk researchers that doesn't have time to follow the active
smalltalks lists. If you can send private mails to them would be