Fwd: [Pharo-project] Report generation? (I need an update)

Fwd: [Pharo-project] Report generation? (I need an update)

Stéphane Ducasse
could be interesting in the future

Stef

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Johan Brichau <[hidden email]>
> Date: June 8, 2011 7:08:52 PM GMT+02:00
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] Report generation? (I need an update)
>

> On 08 Jun 2011, at 17:37, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>
>> So... my question:
>> what do you use to generate reports to clients?
>> if pdf generation... which strategy?
>
> We use Jasper reports: www.jasperforge.org
> It's a feature-rich library for generation of any report to about any format you can think of, and it's open source.
>
> The downside is: it is a Java library but we use http communication between our Seaside app and the jasper application.
> In the future, I hope to get my own Javaconnect library (working in Visualworks) rolling completely in Pharo to have native communication from Pharo to Java.
> In the meantime, you might try JNIPort since that one has Pharo version already.
>
> We can try to develop everything in Smalltalk but we will fail to keep up.
>
> Johan

Re: Fwd: [Pharo-project] Report generation? (I need an update)

Tudor Girba-2
Definitely interesting.

Doru

On 9 Jun 2011, at 09:40, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> could be interesting in the future
>
> Stef
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Johan Brichau <[hidden email]>
>> Date: June 8, 2011 7:08:52 PM GMT+02:00
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] Report generation? (I need an update)
>>

>> On 08 Jun 2011, at 17:37, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>>
>>> So... my question:
>>> what do you use to generate reports to clients?
>>> if pdf generation... which strategy?
>>
>> We use Jasper reports: www.jasperforge.org
>> It's a feature-rich library for generation of any report to about any format you can think of, and it's open source.
>>
>> The downside is: it is a Java library but we use http communication between our Seaside app and the jasper application.
>> In the future, I hope to get my own Javaconnect library (working in Visualworks) rolling completely in Pharo to have native communication from Pharo to Java.
>> In the meantime, you might try JNIPort since that one has Pharo version already.
>>
>> We can try to develop everything in Smalltalk but we will fail to keep up.
>>
>> Johan

www.tudorgirba.com

"Sometimes the best solution is not the best solution."