Fwd: PharoCloud drops VM hosting and focuses on Ephemeric Cloud

1 message Options

Fwd: PharoCloud drops VM hosting and focuses on Ephemeric Cloud

Marcus Denker-4

From: mikefilonov <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Pharo-users] PharoCloud drops VM hosting and focuses on Ephemeric Cloud
Date: 9 June 2017 at 00:59:33 GMT+2
To: [hidden email]

Hello,

I just wanted to make some clarifications on what is going on with
PharoCloud and how I see the future of the project.

PharoCloud is not closing, but just dropping VM hosting support. We will
continue to develop and maintain Ephemeric Cloud which allows you to publish
Pharo web applications online much easier than any other VM hosting can
offer. In some way PharoCloud just becomes more "cloudy" by dropping
outdated technologies off :)

Our plan is to make the project more community oriented. We integrated
PharoCloud with Pharo.org SSO and provide *FREE* access to all *Pharo
Association* members. You are welcome to log in to the cloud with your Pharo
Association account at:

https://www.pharocloud.com/manager/connect

We are encouraging you to migrate your applications hosted as Pharocloud VMs
to the Ephemeric Cloud. It is much more simple! We have some positive
experience already. There are some examples I moved from VM hosting to
Ephemeric Cloud:

http://pharo.pharocloud.com
http://seaside31.swarm.pharocloud.com/
http://eph-b147b6e2.swarm.pharocloud.com/
http://smalltalk.mikefilonov.ru/

Here you can find a quick start guide to Ephemeric cloud and some tips on
how to publish your app:
http://docs.swarm.pharocloud.com/article/getting_started

Also there is a REST API you can use to manage the cloud. And there is also
a Pharo wrapper around the REST-API:
http://docs.swarm.pharocloud.com/article/pharo_library_reference

We also have video guides:
quickstart (sorry for old UI of the manager)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1GfuT9M4qo
curl example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dKBCpj96cU

In case of any questions or issues with images, please feel free to contact
me.