Fwd: [Pharocasts] New comment on SandstoneDb, simple ActiveRecord style persistence....

Fwd: [Pharocasts] New comment on SandstoneDb, simple ActiveRecord style persistence....

laurent laffont
Please, could someone check and answer ?

Laurent

Re: Fwd: [Pharocasts] New comment on SandstoneDb, simple ActiveRecord style persistence....

Ramon Leon-5
On 04/27/2011 11:43 AM, laurent laffont wrote:
> Please, could someone check and answer ?
>
> Laurent

It should be working now if you grab the latest version, I updated the
config this morning.  The last version got broken because another
package stole the #startUp: method with an override in SandstoneDb
causing me to publish a version without it; it'd cause the symptoms he's
describing.

--
Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com

Re: Fwd: [Pharocasts] New comment on SandstoneDb, simple ActiveRecord style persistence....

laurent laffont
Thanks a lot Ramon. I put your answer on PharoCasts.

Indeed the SandstoneDb screencast is one of the most seen on PharoCasts. I should update it I think. Maybe you have ideas of what to show ? Are you interested by a "PharoCasts with experts" ?

Laurent

On 04/27/2011 01:19 PM, laurent laffont wrote:
> Thanks a lot Ramon. I put your answer on PharoCasts.

No prob.

> Indeed the SandstoneDb screencast is one of the most seen on PharoCasts.

Heh, that's surprising.

> I should update it I think. Maybe you have ideas of what to show ?

I'd probably move the content of comment showing how to load it with the
Metacello config up into the post itself since that should be the
easiest and preferred way to load it.  I have been and will continue to
keep it up to date with released versions.

> Are you interested by a "PharoCasts with experts" ?

Ha, no, I'm no expert, just another Smalltalk'er.

--
Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Ramon Leon <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 04/27/2011 01:19 PM, laurent laffont wrote:
Thanks a lot Ramon. I put your answer on PharoCasts.

No prob.

Indeed the SandstoneDb screencast is one of the most seen on PharoCasts.

Heh, that's surprising.

May be because it looks easy (it is) and that ActiveRecord is a known pattern.

I should update it I think. Maybe you have ideas of what to show ?
I'd probably move the content of comment showing how to load it with the Metacello config up into the post itself since that should be the easiest and preferred way to load it.  I have been and will continue to keep it up to date with released versions.

OK

Are you interested by a "PharoCasts with experts" ?

Ha, no, I'm no expert, just another Smalltalk'er.

Hey ! Are you not the one who knows the most  SandstoneDb ?

Laurent.

--
Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com

Re: Fwd: [Pharocasts] New comment on SandstoneDb, simple ActiveRecord style persistence....

drush66
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 8:24 AM, laurent laffont
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Are you interested by a "PharoCasts with experts" ?
>
>> Ha, no, I'm no expert, just another Smalltalk'er.
>
> Hey ! Are you not the one who knows the most  SandstoneDb ?

I am interested to see PharoCasts with experts featuring Ramon and
SandstoneDb :)

Davorin Rusevljan
http://www.cloud208.com/

Re: Fwd: [Pharocasts] New comment on SandstoneDb, simple ActiveRecord style persistence....

>> I should update it I think. Maybe you have ideas of what to show ?
>
> I'd probably move the content of comment showing how to load it with the Metacello config up into the post itself since that should be the easiest and preferred way to load it.  I have been and will continue to keep it up to date with released versions.
>
>> Are you interested by a "PharoCasts with experts" ?
>
> Ha, no, I'm no expert, just another Smalltalk'er.

Laurent this is a yes :)
Good we will have another pharocasts with experts

> --
> Ramon Leon
> http://onsmalltalk.com

Re: Fwd: [Pharocasts] New comment on SandstoneDb, simple ActiveRecord style persistence....

You see I told you